Will not idle (TPS odd readings)

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by Touratrail, Mar 21, 2015.

1. Touratrail Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have a 2009 TE310 that quite possibly has more than one problem. The history is this, last time I rode the bike it had an intermittent fault, not pulling cleanly at low revs, during the day it coughed and spluttered a couple of times proving difficult to pull away from standstill, however the last hour of the ride it rode fine!!
    This was several months ago and I haven't ridden since, I went to fire it up this week and it ran like a bag of nails and wouldn't tick over and anything below 1/4 throttle it would cut out, it sounded much like the fuel mixture was way off.
    I initially tried to adjust the tick over screw and this had no effect at all!
    So over the last couple of days I have been through all the electrical connector blocks, cleaned the contacts and sprayed wd40, adjusted valve clearances, drained the fuel tank, removed the throttle body and cleaned where I can, there was a brown sludge in the tick over/air screw orifice. I only have a normal torx set (not security type) so couldn't clean behind the potentiometer.
    So after all was as good as I could get I set about checking the EFI on the Ibeat, I will add that the bike did seam to run slightly better but still wouldn't idle.

Initial settings were;
    TPS value 962Mv
    WOT 103.1%

From this start point I tried to achieve the figures stated in the posts read on this forum in the range of 996-1026Mv to give me a WOT 100.4%, this I did by adjusting the hard stop, results were as below.

1st attempt was to screw in 1 full turn which gave me 1006Mv & 102.3% WOT
    2nd attempt was to screw in 1 1/4 turns which gave me 1021Mv & 101.8% WOT
    3rd attempt was to screw in 1 1/2 turns which gave me 1030Mv & 101.5% WOT

So I concluded that I was not going to achieve the desired 100.4% without going way out of the Mv range, the bike didn't run any better than with the original setting of 103.1%.

Am I missing something, have I done something wrong? Why would the setting be so far off, any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Steve
  2. Up-tite Husqvarna
    Pro Class

TPS value=0.688 at idle throttle
    Later George