Wil Hahn Update - ouch!

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Motosportz, Mar 31, 2014.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    From cyclenews

According to a spokesman for the GEICO Honda team, Wil Hahn broke his humerus in four places and suffered a cracked skull in his horrendous crash last night at the Monster Energy AMA Supercross race in St. Louis’ Edward Jones Dome.
  2. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Didn't realize it was that bad. Wish him the best
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

I didn't ether! Sux.
  4. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    Worst wreck I've seen for awhile. When they zoomed in to him in the gurney it looked like he was kinda out of it:-(
  5. Clete Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '01 CR/WR 250, '13 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '06 Suzuki SV650 (gone)
    ya it looked pretty bad, and they didn't use the backboard to carry him off
    LandofMotards likes this.
  6. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    I thought that was crazy too. Carried him to the UTV instead...
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

yeah, i too was like, "what the heck are they doing?"
    LandofMotards likes this.
  8. AndrewS Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE350s 2013 TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 TE250 (sold)
    Ouch is right! I knew about the humerus, but hadn't heard about the skull fracture.

It was a very ugly crash!
  9. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    When they red flagged the race I knew it was pretty serious. He didn't move for quite a while. My guess is he was napping for close to a minute. Looked scary the way he was bucked off. His lower body escaped injury by a milometer as well. Hope he has a speedy uneventful recovery.
  10. Micfasto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TXC 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR400, Vstrom
    The Astrik medical crew is pretty messed up. No way Will Hann should not have been collared, immobilized and moved on a back board. Also popping AC's shoulder back in place so he could ride is malfeasance. These riders are used and abused over there short career and the money is only worth it to a very select few.
    Radar likes this.
  11. adam6402 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Agree about Astrik crew and movement of Hahn. As for used and abused, sorry can't disagree more with you. They know the risks of the sport and what they are willing to do. And if they don't want to do it, someone else will happily take there spot. Not much different than young college and professional football players, they know the risks of CTE, yet they still play. Money, fame, and pure love of competition and or thrill seeking motivate people to put themselves in harms way!

Maybe good ole govt should outlaw football, motocross, soccer, hockey, boxing, mma......

Reminds me about a story on ESPN radio where kids as young as 8 fight professionally in Thailand without headgear (Muay Thai). They interviewed a govt official, he basically said, "what's the problem, it's regulated by the govt sport commission" I guess kids kicking' punching and kneeing 8 year olds in the head is okay over there, I digress.
  12. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    First, and foremost, I certainly hope this young man heals up 100% ... And it appears the helmet did its job ...

--
    Supercross = jumpfest = Rhythm sections\lanes ... Rhythm sections have a speed limit. Go too fast, you just jumped too far. Go too slow, you just came up short. Lose traction on takoff, you just came up short maybe. I watch this racing as a place holder till the outdoors ... I'm not really the biggest fan of this dirt riding as its just too much of a jump fest with ~100% implied speed limits down those rhythm lanes. Its entertaining and ESP good for family viewing for many reasons like you can see the entire track in most seats and draws big crowds but just not what riding I can learn alot about riding from ...

--
    Really glad I rode some rhythm sections here last yr when ~racing here ... That really brings home to me what those guys are doing out there... Like when you land, you got about .2 seconds to get ready for the next takeoff, good or bad :) .. My hat is off to all of them, including the last place finisher ...
    water racer and oregonsage like this.
  13. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I have heard nothing but praise for the Astrik medical crew so I was kinda like :eek: when they just picked him up.
  14. Muchmore Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE511
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW K1600GTL
    Especially with head and neck injuries you can never tell if someone is injured or not. I had 2 severely broken vertebra in my neck and still after waking up I tried to move. I set up and realized there were other broken bones so I laid back down. But, the point is you NEVER know without an X-ray. If you witness an accident, help keep them immobilized until a medical professional can evaluate the situation. If you are the accident, do yourself a favor and lay still until you can be evaluated.

In this case it looks like just a bad decision to move an accident victim without any evaluation. I hope he heals 100% it will be a long recovery.