who's using a racing ecu

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by huskyte310, Jun 16, 2011.

1. huskyte310 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09/te310
    Hi, I have a 09 te310 with full power up and racing ecu. Just wondering what co # people are using and working for them. I was at 103,103,104 but bike was running a little lean. I just uped it to 106 ,104,105 seems to run a little stronger but thats just riding around a couple blocks. It did cut down on the decell poping. Real test ride is next weekend.
  2. MrClean Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have an '09 TE310 and an '11 SM630. Both have been powered-up. Both have stock ECUs. Both have JD Jetting 6x tuners.

The 6x for the 310 was perfect right out of the box. I had been considering a Race ECU purchase for the 310. But now, with the 6x, no need.

I really wish a Race ECU was available for the 630. Well... I guess it is available if you shell-out $1100 for the Arrow cans. The 6x helped the 630's performance a LOT. But, I know there's more power to be gained. I'll probably buy the Arrows/ECU next month. Mostly for the ECU.

My biggest complaint with the 630 is that it revs-up slowly. Whack the throttle and the RPMs come-on a half second later. (Not so with the 310.) I was able to really improve the 630's slow rev-up by increasing the Red/Blue setting on the 6x to '7'. The Red/Blue setting is not a rich/lean adjustment. Rather, according to the instructions, it causes the change in fuel delivery to happen more quickly during rapid throttle movements.

Since the 6x was able to make a significant improvement in the 630's throttle response, I have to believe that the stock ECU is limiting the bike's performance. I'm sure that it's an emissions thing. Whacking the throttle is sure to dump more smog out the pipe. Or maybe Husky just wanted the SMS630 to have really tame road manners.

I believe that Husky claims an additional 6 to 7 HP gain with the Arrows/ECU for the 630. I'll bet that improvement is 75% ECU and 25% silencers.

I wish I could compare the throttle response of my SM630 to a TE630. I'll bet the bikes come with different ECUs. I'd really like to try the TE ECU on my SM...
  3. huskyte310 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09/te310
    The bike ran very strong with very little decell poping. Very happy with that next i think i might try to cut the nipple off of the insert on the short bd killer and up the co # a little more.
  4. huskyte310 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09/te310
    I just remembered i have two sa end caps. I cut the screen off of one and used that. I upped the co# to 108,105,105. Holly crap this thing fly's at least in the street it did. I might have to detune it. NOT I will see how loud this is and the gas mileage at the next event.
  5. huskyte310 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09/te310
    It sound tested at 94db. The first half of the rock and ride i got 26mpg and the second half i got 40mpg. What a diference a little street will do to your fuel mileage.
  6. firebolter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    06SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    13TE300Berg,07KTM525EXC,13 HusWR165
    I am running the Husky Race ECU on my 10-310 and it has been flawless. Love the fueling. Haven't even hooked up IBeat to it yet.

So after you upeed the CO levels, your mileage went down a little?
  7. huskyte310 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09/te310
    Yea it did but just when you thouhgt it couldn't get any better and it does.
  8. Mikete630 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 Husqvarna TE630
    What do you mean up the co levels? How is it exactly done?
  9. Mikete630 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 Husqvarna TE630
    Where do you figure that out? Software? Or what kind?
  10. huskyte310 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09/te310
    Hi, You can alter the co1,co2 and co3 thru software i bought from Semco Designs after you do the power up mode. Which bike and year is it and where in long island ny are you. I might not be too far from you.
  11. Mikete630 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 Husqvarna TE630
    Exit 63 off LIE, Suffolk county, about 45min east of Manhattan
    Te630 2011, mods so far, power up resistor pin & o2 sensor out & plugged, 22 holes of various sizes in air box, jd jetting kit installed just the other day and yesterday got delivered 2 baffles and packing to de-cat the dials for some out flow. Was able to do 88 at the top of 5th gear before, now did 86 at top of 3rd!!!
  12. huskyte310 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09/te310
    I use to go riding at exit 70 a long long time ago when they didn't bother you over there. I don't have any experience with the 630. I don't know if I-beat 2.0 will even work on it. If some one else knows it will work then maybe i can help you. I know the fuel system very well on the 09 te310 . Your bike is probably very similar to it.
  13. Mikete630 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 Husqvarna TE630
    Thanks! If I cannot adjust the efi good enough myself I will def be in touch. I have the mufflers apart, just got in from garage de-cating them. Tomorrow gotta do some adjustments to the steel and try to weld them myself, see if that works, lol
  14. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I used to ride out there all the time. My Brother is in Shirley.

LI MX still open?
  15. Mikete630 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 Husqvarna TE630
    I think so.
  16. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    iBeat v2.0 fully works 100% on the 630's. (It does on our '11 TE 630's) The JD tuner sounds promising for the 630's. :thumbsup: