1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

which ebay fuel pump?

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by joedirt, Jul 6, 2017.

1. joedirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    Has anyone bought a fuel pump from ebay lately? Is one better than another?
    Need one for a 2012 txc310.
  2. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Some of the ebay pumps are not barbed at the end and the hoses can pop off under operation.
    Some others are not the correct OD on the inlet.

I paid the extra money and bought the California cycle works pump.
    They supply the correct hoses also.
  3. joedirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
  4. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    It looks like the goods to me Joe.
    joedirt likes this.
  5. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Yeah, that looks okay.
  6. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    Joe- since you have the fuel pump that is remote from the pressure regulator/external hose outlet (and I have no idea why husky did it this way- on TE & TXCs only. TCs got the old style pump on the aluminum flange) you need to remove the line from the pump outlet gently because you will have to reuse it.

Maybe try hot water first to soften it up. Actually, you'll probably have to do this to re-install also.

everybody else: there is 4 feet (or more??) of submersible fuel line inside these models- It's insane. and if you haven't priced submersible fuel line sold by the foot, be prepared for a shock.

here's a hint: if you buy the whole assembly from husky (the only way they sell it), it's $650.99
  7. joedirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    they include fuel line with the pump but it seems too big for the fuel filter and a little loose on the pump. You think the fuel line is like heat shrink?
  8. durtkillon Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Husqvarna TXC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Sherco X-Ride
    I recently replaced my pump with a CA Cycleworks unit. The tubing they supplied was VERY tight, so I used a lighter to soften it up and get it over the fitting. It was identical to the OEM material black, corrugated, with a smooth flange at the end. It certainly did not shrink with heat, but the material in your pic looks different.

You could resolve the filter issue by getting a cheapo inline filter from the auto parts store, which is what I did. They come with multiple diameter fittings with sequentially larger flanges. If the pump end is loose, I would clamp the bajeebus out of it with two clamps. If it's really loose, you should probably get the right diameter immersible flex line.

Here is the link for the hose: http://ca-cycleworks.com/ca-cycleworks-products/fuel-pumps/ktm-husqvarna-husaberg-fuel-pumps
    Trenchcoat85 likes this.
  9. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:

(heat shrink? no, not really... but it's weird stuff. most places say "nylon" but it seems closer to "teflon")

hmmm. I take it your stock line is removed & destroyed? I'd do like kurt suggested- in fact the CA Cycleworks 8" line (1/4 and 5/16 ends! perfect) is about the length you need to the filter I think (?) and super cheap. else buy a length of submersible line, heat and force it over the big end.

...else try really hard to re-use the stock line. trim it slightly shorter if you have to; there's a little bit of wiggle room.

btw, I think the filters are 1/4" on the inlet and 5/16" on the outlet (6mm & 8mm) for whatever reason. Everything else is 5/16" maybe. If you get a new filter, maybe go to 5/16 on both ends. Kurt's filter sounds good if it's submersible.

[later edit: I think I figured out the reason- to keep idjits from installing the filter backwards. And if that's true, that's causing a lot of pain to solve a small problem]

any pictures? Not that it's a big deal, but 90% of the ch readers haven't seen "our" entire fuel pump assembly spread out.

good luck.
  10. durtkillon Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Husqvarna TXC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Sherco X-Ride
  11. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    looks like the style that every american vw bug had installed for decades.

I'm not sure that it's rated submersible but it probably won't be a problem- so why not? It's about half the filter area of the stock one too... again probably not a huge issue.

About the only negative I can think of is that the pressure differential might be too great (50+psi). But if the filter blows, the bike stops; no other problems will be caused I would guess.
  12. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I used the Gates submersible line. Yes it was expensive.
  13. aha2070 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    smr 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    duke 200
  14. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
  15. joedirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    I put the pump in but didn't run it yet. The hose they included with the pump won't work. too big for the filter. I just used the old hose like someone suggested.
  16. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yeah Joe- that was me. I was just funnin' with 2070 'cause he's talking about the same pump you bought a while back.

Let us know how things go.
  17. aha2070 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    smr 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    duke 200
    Fuel pump working, then use rubber hose with clamp, and inlet barbeb model is HFP389[/quote]
  18. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    joe- how did things work out?

I understand you re-used the old hose. Is this what you would recommend for others with our fuel pump setup? Any other notes?
  19. joedirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    I didn't have any luck with the ebay fuel pump. The hose that came with it is too big. After I got it installed and test rode it the bike was hesitating. Then couldn't get it to start after I shut it off.
    So I bought a CA cycleworks fuel pump and now the bike runs great.
  20. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    how come you did not go with the CA Cycleworks or the stock fuel line?

Could you post a pic of the fuel pump that did NOT work? or any other pictures you may have- thanks