1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Which Cycra Probend Mounts?

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Jrockrat, Mar 25, 2015.

1. Jrockrat Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310r
    Other Motorcycles:
    xt225 and Dl650
    I've got a new to me 2013 TE310 and I'm planning on putting cycra probends on it as I've had good luck with them on all my past bikes. My question is has anyone installed these on one of these bikes and what handlebar mount do I want? I thought I'd seen that the Magura mount is the correct one and I want to confirm that and if there are any other options. Thanks
  2. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    What bars did you install?
  3. Jrockrat Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310r
    Other Motorcycles:
    xt225 and Dl650
    It has the stock bars on it.
    I may do the HDB ones if I can justify the cost difference. I've just had good luck with the probends on all my past bikes, except for tweaking the screw that goes in the end of the bar...that makes the HDB ones appealing.
  4. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Sport Classic / Ducati Multi.
  5. Normann Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE449 MY2012
    I have Cycra Probend on Magura with 1-1/8" (28mm) U-mount installed. Good protection!
  6. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
  7. Jrockrat Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310r
    Other Motorcycles:
    xt225 and Dl650
    Thanks for all the replies and suggestions.
  8. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    Cycra probend center reach with the brp bar clamp hand guard clamps for my 501. Loving it.
  9. Angus Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 KTM 150 XC, F800GT, S2R1000
    I have Flexx Bars on my 310R and use the Cycra Probends made specifically for them. Works great.

On my little Orange bike (150XC) I initially installed Cycra's CRM guards and they worked equally great but didn't like the clutter or the cable routing that resulted from having the clamps being attached to the bars.

Similar to reveille (I think), I purchased the BRP Hand Guard Mounts (BMI-9254) and this is my favorite combo by far - super clean setup and massively robust. Given that the 310R's bar clamps have a trapezoid bolt pattern (the 2 bolts on the tank side of the being spaced closer than those on the front side) you would also have the replace the lower clamp also if you decide to go this route. (Looks like this has been discussed before: http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/brp-handlebar-clamps-handguard-mounts.23861/)

Unfortunately, unlike reveille the actual guards from my Cycra CRM's did not fit/align with the BRP Hand Guard Mounts. I ended up having to purchase a set of the regular Probends which did mount up perfectly - did not have to bend, beat or tweak a thing.

As others have mentioned, whatever you decide upon threaded bar inserts are the way to go for anchoring them to the bar's ends. My favorite are Highway Dirtbike's Anti-Vibration inserts because I have problems with tingling of the hands and they help. But any threaded insert will go a long way towards making your setup rock solid and trouble free. Good luck.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  10. Jrockrat Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310r
    Other Motorcycles:
    xt225 and Dl650
    Lots of great information everyone, thank you!