Which Carb Vent filter? 7602 or Uptite?

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by andyman, Jul 27, 2009.

1. andyman Husqvarna
    AA Class

So, I know both manufacturers/re-sellers are members/contributors here, so I have to not base my decision on forum support/loyalty.

Given that, I like them both. They both appear to be quality products, and are simmilarly priced. The 7602 comes with vent hose, which is a plus.

So the question is, which is easier to clean/maintain?

Links to both for your (and future) reference:
    Uptite
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I have only used the 7602 one but like it very much and it comes with extra filters. EZ to change them. Nice product that WORKS.
  3. andyman Husqvarna
    AA Class

DANG! that was a quick response! :) Thanks!

I'm going to place an order with them anyway for a couple other things... but personally, I was thinking the uptite one would be a little easier to clean. Of course I have no experience with either... so I look to the experts for experience. :)
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I'm sure they both dot he job well, it is a simple devise.
  5. RLW Husqvarna
    AA Class

I use the Uptite version.........pretty simple clean-up, just unscrew the bottom, pull/clean filters and reinstall.

I agree both will do the job, and if you ride in much dust, better than not having one.

Attached Files:

6. geastman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Both do the job of filtering air coming into the carb. I have a 7602 because I do not like the single, downward exit hose of the Uptite filter. Seems this could lead to stalling in long water crossings as happens with stock bikes before routing 2 of the 4 hoses upwards.
  7. RLW Husqvarna
    AA Class

I haven't had it happen yet, but you're right, it can.
    Hose on my is long enough, I can re-route up inside of frame rail if need be.
  8. cmonomo Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 310
    Installed 7602 kit on my KTM and no issues. Filter is easy to change. Clay from 7602 is a great resource to work with.
  9. andyman Husqvarna
    AA Class

I ended up getting the uptite one from Bobby at BMWMCOA.

I do agree, though, Clay at 7602 is a class act. I e-mailed back and forth with him about a dozen times. Great guy to deal with. I hope to get some other parts from him soon. :thumbsup: