Whibley won't be on a Husky in 2009

Discussion in 'Racing' started by MOTORHEAD, Nov 26, 2008.

1. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Got this off the GNCC site;

by: Jason Weigandt
    Wednesday November 26th, 2008

It's official! GNCC #2 Paul Whibley has found a new home for 2009 on Kawasakis.
  2. surfer1100 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR250, Memories of past tiddlers.
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM-01 EN 125, 03 125 MX, 09 EN 155
    The site also stated the Zip Ty team was almost a guarantee, and that Kearney would most likely be back.

They also said there was a good chance we'd see Meo and Guillame as guests at some GNCC's.:thumbsup:

I sure hope so!:notworthy:
  3. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    From www.offroadchampions.com
    Paul Whibley will ride Green in 2009. Paul is currently in his home country New Zealand riding the 450 to prepare for the 2009 GNCC season. He will stay there until February before returning back to the USA. While in NZ he can count on support from Kawasaki NZ to met all his riding needs. Whibley will receive support from Kawasaki USA with bikes and parts but has to rely on their contingency program for his income. Him and Jarrett are working with JT Bennett/ Geico to form a team. Things look good nothing set in stone yet. Fred Andrew will not be involved in this team.

Wins OMA Championship and second in GNCC's, but has to race for contingency money to eat. He might as well be on a dealer support Husky, racing for Husky Bucks!
  4. F1ED Husqvarna
    AA Class

Would that be the WHOLE Zip-Ty team? Sherri Cruse , Andy Jefferson , Nick Brozovich and Bobby Garrison. That would be one heck of a team!!:applause:
  5. surfer1100 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR250, Memories of past tiddlers.
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM-01 EN 125, 03 125 MX, 09 EN 155
    From http://www.offroadchampions.com/

Rumors goes that Ty Davis and his team will ride Husqvarna’s next year. It is not 100% sure yet but it looks like a done deal. Just waiting for the signatures. Glenn Kearney has not signed but seems to have no other options. They problems seems agreeing on his salary Husqvarna is going to have a fully prepped race bike at every GNCC that will be ridden by a "Guest Rider". They figure that this will give them exposure with this “Guest Riders”. Don’t be surprised to see WEC riders Guillaume or Meo come over for a few rounds.
  6. mrkartoom Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE610, 15 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 Beta Rev
    Too bad Whibs won't be on a Husky, that would have been great. Zip-Ty Racing would be a great addition as well.
  7. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Yeah, with ZIP-TY RACING on RED HEADS Ty will surely bring out all kinds of trick little Husky parts.
  8. crb345 Husqvarna
    B Class

Garrison already went to the new Honda Worcs team with Bobby Bonds.
  9. crb345 Husqvarna
    B Class

Summers Spin?

Maybe Scott Summers will be sponsored by Husky for 09 with all the free goodies they can get him for their R and D. He is the most important link for Husky making it in the US and I cannot believe they would let him go.

In hopes that the following year or two when the economy and bike sales go up he can jump right in as team manager again with more budget, riders, and bugs worked out of the system.

This is my pipe dream.
  10. I8AKTM Husqvarna
    AA Class

That is an excellent point I had not considered....:thumbsup:
  11. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    The new marketing VP Scott Harden wants to keep Scott Summers, but the big dog Prez. says, "they can't aford his services."

I'd make him Asst. Marketing VP or something, give him some bikes to race the GNCC series, Eastern NHS series, OMA sereis and I'd have his lanky butt at every Husky promo event on the east side of the U.S. when he wasn't racing.

On the Left Coast you'd have Zip-Ty doing pretty much the same out there.

Won't that be cool? :D