1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

Where to get springs

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by cntymnty, Nov 12, 2017.

1. cntymnty Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1974 250CR Mag, 1978 390 OR
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 350 XC-F, Harley Ultra Classic
    I found a place in Oklahoma, Cannon Race Craft. They were recommended to me by Race Tech in California. You give them your dimensions: length, diameter and the spring rate that you want. I need a .52 rate for my weight. They told me three weeks, and three weeks later they arrived. I didn't want to post until I installed them and raced with them. They worked great! Instead of putting extra fork oil in to keep from bottoming, I went with the stock 8.5 ounces. I was impressed. Race Craft delivered what they promised, in the time frame they promised and at a reasonable price. If you need heavier springs for your vintage bike, I recommend them.
    2premo, Picklito, SteveJ and 3 others like this.
  2. markt2 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1976 250CR (times 2)
    Other Motorcycles:
    Several vintage Yamahas
    I had custom springs made by Cannon RaceCraft a few years ago for a YZ-powered Yamaha DT50 Enduro project I built. I was very impressed as well. Springs came out perfect and arrived when promised. Have held up well... I definitely second the recommendation!
  3. GaryM Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1981 430cr second 430 CR 500cr
    Other Motorcycles:
    1981 490 Maico
    Please note the calculator for Race tech springs in for a modern bike and way off. Believe me I started with a 50 than trade for 48, traded again 46 and got down
    to 44. 44 works I am a big guy (at this time) and 50 is way to much. There is no cost for exchanging springs with race tech
  4. Picklito Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    430, 430, 430, ,400, 175
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM250xc, KTM500mx, KTM440exc
    Wow, glad to hear that Cannon is still cranking out springs. I've purchased from Cannon but it's been years now. They were right on the money. Currently I use Race Tech's 44 rate spring for the 40mm fork. And, they're the correct length, whereas the stock Husky spring was too long and installed with too much preload.