1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

Where to find old Huskys?

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by Vinskord, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Vinskord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    400 CR
    With the increased popularity of social media sites (Facebook, Instagram, etc.), it seems to be harder to find old Huskys for sale at the usual places. Have been using Craigslist, eBay, Mark’s Vintage Swapmeet, but have noticed a drop-off of old Huskys (68 – 78) for sale in the last year or so.

Any favorite sources out there or other suggestions?
  2. stormer254 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    More than I dare let her know
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yes!
    You could always offer me a lot of money for the contents of one of my sheds:D
    Norman Foley likes this.
  3. DeathFromAbove My Cat Says AREAR!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    70,71 360 8s 72,74 450 73 360 73 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    66 Triumph Trophy 99 ZRX1100
    And that's the trick, constant searching, asking friends and new people you meet. Last spring i scored 2 1971 c enduros for a very reasonable price. But you gotta be the first to ask. I bet there are tons of bikes moving under the radar between friends and acquaintances and we'll never know until they post it on a forum. I'm sure there are plenty waiting to be saved, I doubt we've restored all of them,:busted: just look at some of the POS I've bought!:cheers: ! Chris
    Norman Foley likes this.
  4. moto_surfer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1981 430XC/ Silver Streak/TE300
    Queue banjos! I get quite a few of mine from the most hilljack trailer parks and run down shacks. Tweakers must have an inside connection on old huskies. OfferUp and Letgo apps have led me to many bikes
    Norman Foley and DeathFromAbove like this.
  5. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    Search tempest which searches Craiglist. Why are you searching? Just want to post what you find in a thread on here? Entering events with similar and you might come across some way or another. Join a trail rider association and put up a want ad. These have worked for me in the past. It is going to be harder I would think. The parts are worth more than the whole, right? A lot have been broken down by now.

Eventually folks figure they are to old to start them. Or bang up their lower extremities and decide to make their last. And do not want someone near and dear to crash on them.
    Steve-F likes this.