1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Where in the 2013 Husky Te310R manual is it?

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by RB7, May 24, 2016.

1. RB7 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Xt225
    Can't find where in the factory workshop manual to read about how to adjust throttle free play. Put a throttle tamer on my bike and now have considerably more freeplay. So much more freeplay that I suspect I'll need to adjust it down by the throttle body--not just up top by the twist grip/throttle tube. I don't wanna start breaking things...
  2. AlwynMike Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CRF 250x, Suzuki GS1000
    Have a look at the owners manual - page 24 in English

Or page D9 in the Workshop manual

- My Throttle Tamer didn't need adjustment, and works a treat on those low-speed technical sections

Mike
  3. RB7 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Xt225
    Thanks AlwynMike, but page 49 in the workshop manual is more abut adjusting idle speed isn't it? I'm looking for how to adjust the throttle freeplay adjuster up by the twist grip and down by the throttle body. Maybe I'm missing something...
  4. AlwynMike Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    D9 is entitled Idle Adjustment, but the section above that (same page on my version) is cable adjustment, and is almost identical to that in the Owners Manual

Mike
  5. RB7 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Xt225
    Oh I see it now. Boy, how'd I miss that? Looks like you ONLY adjust the freeplay down at the throttle body. Nowhere does it mention adjusting throttle freeplay up by the hand throttle. Where the cables enter the twist grip/throttle housing it doesn't appear to have adjustability like on other bikes I've had. Am I right that you don't "fine-tune" the adjustment up at the twist grip like on other bikes?
  6. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    on my '14 x-lite, the domino throttle housing has no adjustment. I believe that domino's are used on a few bikes too (KTM?).

I do not know what the freeplay is, but if you go with an 1/8" [3mm] on the throttle cable, and a frikken LOT on the idle cable (aka "push" cable. wtf?)... I'm thinking 5-8mm, you probably won't go wrong.

LMK if these numbers are way off.

On my son's 511, the throttle response is way too tight- every bump varies the rpm's going down a smooth road. hate it. I don't know if it's too tight of a throttle cable or something about the FI or even the fly-by-wire butterfly. but it sux.
  7. AlwynMike Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    There's no adjustment on the throttle end - it's all at the injection body end.

Trenchcoat85 - the Throttle Tamer works a treat at lower speeds/throttle openings, your son may benefit from fitting one, although they aren't cheap! The on/off at small throttle openings is one of the (few) downsides of FI
    Trenchcoat85 likes this.
  8. RB7 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Xt225
    I got the tamer cuz everytime I stand up--especially when I'm tired--(which is often at my age!) my bike takes off like a bat outta hell. Am I the only one with this problem? Never happened on my old 2 stroke Husky 250 WR...
  9. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    I'll mention it to him... but, weirdly, it's a non-problem for him. But it bugs me when I ride his bike. Also, When I do wheelies on his 511, it does NOT catch me by surprise (although I'm adjusting the throttle constantly- 'cause I can't rub the fender on the ground while doing wheelies) so it must only happen at low & consistent throttle openings.

And my '14 310r doesn't do it either. I wonder if the TC449 has the problem.