Where are Huskies made/assembled?

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by BSBen, Nov 19, 2016.

1. BSBen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2004 Sherco 2.9
    Sorry if this has been discussed, but I couldn't find it with a search of the forums.

During a conversation with a random guy last weekend, he said something about Huskies being made in the USA. I gave him a quizzical look and he said, "you didn't think Huskies were made overseas, did you?" I said that I did think so, given that everything on the bike, in the manual, etc says "Made in Austria" and that's where the factory is. He said they're made in Ohio. I asked if maybe they were assembled in Ohio, and he said that might be it...

Not that it really matters, but I was curious so I started looking and I couldn't find any indication that they're produced anywhere except Austria.

Is there a factory or assembly plant in Ohio, or anywhere else in the US for that matter?

Thanks for any help with my trivial pursuit. :)
  2. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
  3. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    the "other" husky (Husqvarna power tools stuff) manufactures equipment in North Carolina maybe, IIRC. Chainsaws, line trimmers, riding mowers etc. They have a fairly good reputation.

I'm pretty sure the companies have not been related for a long time now ('cept for name).
  4. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    a good chunk of things like chainsaws and line trimmers are still made in sweden...other parts and equipment are made/assembled in usa.

the motorcycle division was sold off of course in the late 80s and currently are made in austria. the lawn/power products you see are the "real" husqvarna company. they still own the trademark too..
    Trenchcoat85 likes this.
  5. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    ...isn't KTM-NA in Ohio, like Penton was? If so, chances are good that Husky is there too. maybe that's where your buddy's confusion stems from.
  6. BSBen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2004 Sherco 2.9

KTM-NA is in Ohio, but do they make (or even assemble) anything there? Or is it just a business office?

Thanks for the feedback, all. Looks like that guy was mistaken.
  7. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    HQ only, AFAIK.
  8. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    KTM NA and Husqvarna Motorcycles USA are also side by side in Murrieta Ca. These are the Corporate/factory race shops, in the heart of the West coast moto central zone (well just outside the Corona moto centro zone). The Corporate KTM/Husky parts distribution network heart is the Amherst Ohio facility. The Machines in our case (KTM/Husky dirtbikes) are all from Mattighofen, Austria.

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=e...Search&imagekey=!1e2!2s4oKM7yLIMNQgrwbVX65LPg
    dartyppyt likes this.