When is a good early spring time for Moab?

Discussion in 'West - USA' started by Motosportz, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Meeting up with a friend this spring in Moab. What is a good time to go? Hope early can you go and still have nice weather?

Thanks.
  2. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Kelly as you know the last week in February is a crap shoot. I think there will be a band of guys going the last week of March this year. I am hopefull for nice weather. I don't think you can gaurantee snow free weather until late April anyway.
  3. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I want to go:cry:
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Cool, you drive :D
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Depending on my buddy thats about when we are thinking.
  6. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

No sweat
  7. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike
    SHOTGUN..... Tim, don't know you, but Im gonna make Kelly ride in the back... :cheers:
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Cool, someone to drive and someone to cook and clean, this is working out great. :lol: And I'll I wanted was a weather report. CafeHusky really does ROCK.
  9. erigre Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    yes
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    Kelly,

I've spent a lot of time in the desert, mostly climbing, some mtb and just one moto trip. Nov-Mar can be warm or snow. Ideal would be to have a bit broader window of time to go, watch the weather patterns and then bolt when it looks stable. It was easy to do from the CO front range, 6hrs. It's a bit more of a commitment coming from PNW, but I think it's the best way to do it, if possible. It's been very mild this year so far (have a good friend that lives there), but it means nothing. Just spoke with this friend (mtb guide) lots of new "locals only" moto trails apparently. I can dig for info if you like.
  10. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    thanks for the into. The schedule is semi flexible but with multiple people for several areas we kinda have to pick a time and go. We are thinking March.
  11. erigre Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    yes
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    I hear that, my current situation dictates the same. 10 yrs ago I would drop everything, including work, to go climbing in the desert.

Unless a big south push comes up, the storms usually move through pretty quickly. San Rafael swell is west and can be drier if you get stuck with crap weather in Moab area. Lots to explore there. South toward the Abojo mtns has a bunch of riding too.

Jealous. Been in NC for the past 5 years and miss the west and especially the Moab area very much. I know you'll post photos, looking forward to living vicariously...
  12. Pedec Husqvarna
    Pro Class

We have booked a place near Moab on Feb 19 for a week hope we get lucky with the weather. Being from Canada we are use to riding in lower temp in spring and fall but would like temp around 10c/50f that would be no problem. If weather is anything like we are getting in central Canada it should be great we are getting +8c temp just this week should be -15c for day highs this time a year.
  13. rt3856 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011TE449
    I am so jealous.
    we are doing Virginia City in April, Can't afford to take the time off work that close together.
    Lets see pics and vids :thumbsup::applause:
  14. siaknijustin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    '05 GasGas EC300
    I live 75 miles south of Moab and we've had 50 degree highs for most of January so far. However, as was stated earlier, It's a total crapshoot. You never know how the weather is going to be in the winter and early spring. Late April usually brings fair weather and by then you'll have missed the Easter Jeep Safari.
  15. Blur Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 510,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM XC300, Suzuki VStrom 1000
    Several of us heading down from Calgary Canada arriving at Moab March 23rd. Staying at Slickrock campground. Anybody else going to be around?
  16. Lincolnlock Husqvarna
    AA Class

There are a couple of us coming down to ride Green River/ Moab April 7th through the 14th from the Seattle area. When did you decide to go Kelly?
  17. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    riding April 19th-23rd.
    Lincolnlock likes this.