1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

When did you last lube your suspension etc?

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by DEATH_INC., Dec 18, 2016.

1. DEATH_INC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC450 2009
    Other Motorcycles:
    1987 Honda CR500, GPZ 750 turbo
    Just a reminder that this stuff must be done periodically....I recently brought a 2010 TXC 450, have only ridden it a couple of times.
    I found a bit of play in the steering head that wouldn't adjust out, so pulled it apart....never before have I seen rusty steering head bearings....on to the suspension....a bit of play here too.....again pulled it down, and sure enough, every bearing was rusty and seized, as was the swingarm pivot and both chain rollers. Even the rear wheel bearings were pretty dry...the only ones that seem to have any attention given to them were the front wheel bearings. I strongly suspect none of the others have seen the light of day since 2010....
    So, just a wee reminder to do 'em occasionally, ok?
    starrblade likes this.
  2. Helidave Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 TE 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 HD Street Glide 2012 R6
    Every winter. What else do you have to do.
    AndrewS likes this.
  3. 268fords Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08' TE510'
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CRF 100, Kawasaki KLX 110
    Brand new, the linkage needed to be pulled apart and greased. They put hardly any grease on them at the factory. If I remember correctly, mine had what appeared to be lithium grease. I regreased with some Belray waterproof grease, from the beginning and usually regrease once a year. I recently pulled the dust covers on the wheel bearings and was surprised at how good of shape they were in and the amount of grease that was in them. I regreased them while I was there just because. I hate to say it, but I don't remember if I ever greased my steering stem. Probably should look into that.
  4. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    Frequency is more associated with use and conditions rather than just time. As a guide I pull my linkage down circa twice a year and the head bearings at least annually. Front and rear wheel bearings every tyre change and also every 3 months(ish).