1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

What's Your Secret?

Discussion in 'Vintage Restoration Projects' started by vintagecs, Apr 20, 2016.

1. vintagecs Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '78 390OR, '76 360 Auto, '74 125SC
    Other Motorcycles:
    Penton, Yamaha
    What's the order you guys use to put in a motor? I've seen lots of awesome restoration pictures with the motor alone in the frame, thinking "they must put the motor in first then place the swingarm in, but I can't get past the bottom rear motor mount. The frame gets in the way of sliding the bolt in, so I lift the motor up and forward, swing the rear motor mount up and forward, slide the bottom bolt through, then drop the motor back to finish. Last thing is the front plates. I put the motor in first then place the front plates. What do you guys do?

Attached Files:

2. jimspac Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR, 82 430WR, 84 250WR, 85 400
    Other Motorcycles:
    86 400WR, 82 Montesa Cota 349
    If you are working on the 1978 OR I am sure you can put the engine in with the swingarm attached with the rear mount brackets on the swingarm pivot. The later models, it is better to have engine in first, then line up swingarm and pivot before tightening any mounts
  3. auto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    too many
    Not quite following your method.I bolt the rear plates to the motor before putting it into the frame.Never really had any issues with the swing arm.
  4. dmcoz Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1974 CR250, 125 2003 TE250
    If you look in the manual for those early years it explains the way to remove/refit a engine.
    cheers