1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

Whats ins your carb - jetting for 250 wr and please share your 83 84 jetting too

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by GaryM, May 11, 2018.

1. GaryM Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1981 430cr second 430 CR 500cr
    Other Motorcycles:
    1981 490 Maico
    Looking to jet a 82 wr carb. for restore. Has vforce reeds and a Geoff Morris pipe.
    Yes i have seen the charts for standard jetting but looking for feedback on whats working. Now I know the cylinders change each year but can we also look at what in your 250 carb for 83 84 I have a 1984 wr cylinder ro be installed soon also. please share feedback

Need to order some main jets , needle jets and needles to jet in these 250s I know 430s but 250s I have to learn major ranges shown for needles and needle jets have me asking questions what I need. Whoops lets not forget the slide you are running
  2. GaryM Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    1981 490 Maico
    No one yet, looking for feedback
  3. motomwo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many vintage big bore and automatics
    Gary,
    In my 83 250WR I run 38 mikuni, 2.5 slide, needle jet is p-2, 6F16 needle, clip in #2, #30 idle jet, 350 main. This is with 40:1 maxima oil. The ADR was 95.1. or density altitude at 1676ft. Runs very clean, no messy tail pipe or excess smoke!

Marty
  4. GaryM Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    1981 490 Maico
    Thank you Marty. ( ps he has some great husky stuff ) Please look at all the posting on form the 250s below is the 82 first and 83 years second chart. I think you all can see why I posted the question. Look at how many levels lean the P8 needle jet vs the R4 needle jet The P is much leaner

[IMG][IMG]
  5. Bryll Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Some
    Other Motorcycles:
    Some
    Bigbill likes this.
  6. ruwfo Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1980 390CR, 1982 430CR, 1984 400WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    1985 250XC, 2016 FJ-09
    Gary,
    My 83 250CR, had this set up: 45 pilot 2.0 slide 430 main w/stock needle? I moved clip back to center position,...then and I changed the main to a 380,
    for Unadilla, ran much better. Once i dumped the stock silencer & put on an Answer , & that was the best change i made.
  7. GaryM Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    1981 490 Maico
    Nice chart on that euro husky site. I just still comparing that big change to the needle jet between models. I will go rich with the cr jetting and needle jet numbers and work my way down. Bike will be at dilla if all is good on shipping Using the wr cylinder porting
  8. markt2 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1976 250CR (times 2)
    Other Motorcycles:
    Several vintage Yamahas
    Needle jets are different... so are the needles...

1Capture.JPG 2Capture.JPG
    justintendo likes this.
  9. GaryM Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    1981 490 Maico
    Wow , where did you find this chart. These are the exact comparisons ! Now for my brain how can I figure out what I am seeing. So - husky much went leaner on needle jet for the wrs vs crs and then changed the needle to let in more flow and /or deliever fuel at different time? Now the later 83,84 engines have bigger more open ports, yet carb jets much leaner if looking at all the husky charts show on Bryll link. ( good to see Bryll on site again )

I am thinking we or I am leaving a lot of preformace setting untapped in my other huskies too!
  10. visiteur1948 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husqvarna only
  11. markt2 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1976 250CR (times 2)
    Other Motorcycles:
    Several vintage Yamahas
    I used a few of the needle and needle jet numbers given in the link to the Swedish website and plugged them into a spreadsheet I found on a forum... took a little research to get the Mikuni needle and needle jet specs...

And yes, it looks like Husky changed "assemblies" to alter the fuel curves.