Whats in the TE630 powerup kit?

Discussion in '610/630' started by Gazzafish, Dec 20, 2010.

1. Gazzafish Husqvarna
    C Class

Im interested to learn more about what exactly is the TE630 power up kit. Is it available on all TE630's or is it only for USA? I.e. Is the power up kit already fitted to some bikes depending on where they are sold? I live in Australia and was wondering if it was purley needed for bikes sold in countries that had tighter emmission laws? Is it simply a series of parts or is it a physical re-tune?

Cheers.
  2. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The kit only contains a plug for the sensor and a new black box (ECU). It turns the bike from E3 into what it´s meant to be. Installation only takes minutes. There were several posts on this and (if I remember correctly) it turned out that the Australian version was the same as the European (and so would need the p/u kit). Of course the installation of the kit would be illegal for road use within the EU. Without the kit, the 630 runs much too lean, surges in low gear ad has a tendency to die unexpectedly.
  3. willie Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 630
    Canadian bikes are E3 equipped. My 630 was unridable in this form. Installed the power-up kit consisting of an exhaust plug for the O2 sensor and a resistor that replaces the O2 plugin. This resistor tells the ECU that the sensor is removed and puts engine in race mode.
    Bike is transformed from an anemic, surging, stalling, farting, mess to a free reving torque monster! Would have prefered to keep the E3 but had no choice if I wanted to ride the bike.
  4. Blazes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Eddie Seel 634SMR works Replica -
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilla Dosodoro 2X 2009 610
    In South Africa we have the two Arrow pipes with the ECU -- exhaust plug and O2 plug in --very expensive for the unit as it comes as one --:eek:
  5. WFO Husqvarna
    AA Class

There are two power up kits. The first one is just the plug and resistor, it makes the bike run right with the stock exhaust n the intake restrictions removed. the second kit has the plug, resistor, silencers and new ecu.
  6. Gazzafish Husqvarna
    C Class

Thanks for this. Makes a lot more sense now. Cheers. :applause:
  7. WFO Husqvarna
    AA Class

Expensive but worth it !

The twin Arrows look great, sound awesome ,lose a bunch of weight, & the fueling is excellent with the new ecu.
  8. targaman2 Husqvarna
    C Class

Hello WFO,Can you tell me where I can get my hands on one of these kits?I have a Canadian model as well...I have a JD tuner on the bike already,so is the PU an additional mapping aid?
    Cheers
  9. HuskyBrutha Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM630
    Other Motorcycles:
    690 R, 500 EXC, XR250
    The PU is an essential, period.

Everything else such as the JD Tuner etc builds upon the benefits of the PU.
  10. targaman2 Husqvarna
    C Class

Great! Thank you.I will order from Hall's today.
  11. kenheat Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 husky SMS 630
    Does anyone know where 'Hall's' is?
  12. kirbybikes Husqvarna
    AA Class