1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc whats an extremely clean '01 cr250 worth

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by yzrider, Jul 23, 2014.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Simple to find pistons for these. I own a 02 CR250 I ride all the time and find it EZer to get parts for than the modern ones. Rode mine yesterday in the high mountain gnar with a newer KTM 350 and newer YZ125 all decked out. I felt I was on the best bike after trading around. the motor in this bike is second to non. Feels a lot like the new beta 300 I rode a while bick. Smooth and powerful everywhere. Need to sort the suspension a little more but these are great workhorse bikes.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. yzrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 yz250f 197? rickman zunpaap 125
    This 01 has been sitting for over a year, cleaning it up real good now, address whatever i find on it, get it running right, i suspect the carb is gummed up, clean the pv, fresh fuel, fresh oil, new filter, grips, levers, and whatever else i can find it needs to make it tight and crisp. Then im going to take it by ferracci to see if they recognize it. Never know really could have some ferracci porting or other tricks.
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I dont think that is a feracci race bike. Bills has one in their showroom, it has a lot of trick one off parts like big ass coated forks, CNC machines clamps, motor work, etc. Its pretty obvious when you have a race bike as they are littered with exotic goodies.
  4. yzrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    I agree if it had the black 50mm forks and cnc clamps its a big give away, but it could have been removed and sold mostly stock. The ama sticker on the frame is the only reason im considering taking it there, either way its a neat bike. Its pretty clean overall, no signs of any serious abuse, its dirty and someone preferred zip ties over bolts, but ill sort out all that. It doesnt pull past the bottom or mid. Im assuming the carb but usually when its the carb from sitting it's the pilot or slow jets, not the main. Possibly the pv i guess. Time to figure it out, gonna start with fresh fuel, filter and plug and go from there. Could get lucky lol.
    Norman Foley and Motosportz like this.
  5. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    thank god now Kelly and i dont have to worry about a moron with a can of spray paint:thumbsup: wheres the pixs
  6. yzrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    I got it torn down right now ill get pics soon!
  7. yzrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Typical schmuck who shouldn't be allowed to hold a wrench or screw driver definitely owned this at some point. Plenty of rounded off threads and zip ties. Almost all sorted. My garage supply of screws and bolts and random bits took a hit today! Had it down to almost the frame. I cant deal with a bike that is sloppy or dirty or rattly. This thing should be tight and crisp by tomorrow is the goal! It lived near the beach for a while so there is more surface rust than i am used to seeing.

Im having fun though im loving it.
  8. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    well thats the important part wish i had the cash id like to try one of those out:banana:
  9. yzrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Itll probably be up for sale soon, pretty sure my hondas sold, im thinking im gonna go back to having just one bike. Can afford to spend some money on the 125 that way. Maybe get the 165 kit ive been looking for
  10. yzrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ferracci sticker on the rear shock cant believe i missed that.
  11. yzrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    The main jet was broken off and not there, just the nozzle i believe its called where it threads into was there with a broke off piece of the main. Installed a main i had from my 125, cleaned the carb thoroughly and went through it nose to tail. Bike runs extremely well. Sounds ridiculously crisp. Pulls very hard right from idle. Effortlessly pulls the front off the ground even in the higher gears.

Very happy with todays progress, just little fiddly stuff left to do. Cleaning it and sorting out all the "bolts" took longer than i figured but was very worth it.

The clutch is creeping even with it adjusted to the stop, i wonder if its like one tooth off at the lever that goes into the cover. That and the rear brake is hanging up some, besides that its almost 100% dirt ready.
  12. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    I'm a little confused.... Is this thing the gem, as you first stated or a roach with shiny plastic?
    454x and Motosportz like this.
  13. yzrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Lol the pictures made it look like a gem, turned out to be a bike that fell into bad hands. Its okay bringing it back to snuff, i always feel bad for bikes with bad owners. Theres really not much left to sort out i undid every stripped bolt or zip tie or, whatever and made it all right so far.runs perfect now.
  14. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Sounds about right. These are great motors.

Typical husky. The leverage ratio on most huskys is just enough to disengage it barely. Most drag some.
  15. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    You could take the clutch apart and look for burned/warped plates and a notchy basket.
  16. yzrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    The clutch operates smoothly, im going to try new oil and ill check the clutch plates and basket. Normally worn clutch is notchy and Grabby in my experience. Waiting on a set of levers from my parents house, and sort out the clutch and taking this bear out for a real shake down test.
  17. uranys Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    00 wr360/02 wr360/09 wr125/09 wr250
    Other Motorcycles:
    96 xr600r
  18. uranys Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    00 wr360/02 wr360/09 wr125/09 wr250
    Other Motorcycles:
    96 xr600r
    Anyone know the history of frame geometry changes?

I have '00 and '02 360s and the frames are definitely different. The '02 frame looks similar to my '09 250 but with different mounts for bodywork and exhaust.
  19. jimjim Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    gasgas
    I have an 02 cr 250 with 06 plastic,dont know if newer plastic will fit.
  20. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    where the pix of the extremely clean 01?