What's a Lynx fairing worth?

Discussion in '610/630' started by knary, May 5, 2009.

1. knary Husqvarna
    B Class

My recently acquired '08 TE came with a Lynx fairing with HID high/low beam. With some new financial uncertainties in the future, I'm looking over everything in our life to see what I could live without that might have some value to someone else. It's essentially brand new aside from the modifications necessary to mount it with a GPS, the speedo, etc.

New, shipped to the PO, it would have been $620. $395 + $175 HID upgrade + $50 shipping.

Any guesses? :D
  2. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

what color is it? photos?
  3. knary Husqvarna
    B Class

White

I don't have any pics of it specifically, but here's my bike...
    [IMG]
    (the little bit of black is a skull design I put on with some electrical tape as a joke)

It's made by Brittanica Composites. This is their page about it...

http://www.britanniacomposites.com/lynx.html
  4. mcinfantry Husqvarna
    B Class

i love mine. LOVE it. id say id buy a used one for about 300. the problem is yours is MORE than cut for just the speedometer, right?
  5. Muddy Waters Husqvarna
    AA Class

Would you mind posting a pic of the dash, so we can see what the layout looks like

:thumbsup:
  6. rajobigguy Administrator

I'm not really sure where you are going with this thread. Are you actively trying to market you're fairing or are you just trying to get an idea what is is worth?
  7. knary Husqvarna
    B Class

I'll post a photo tomorrow.

As to where I'm going with this... I was/am trying to figure out some choices I might be making. If the fairing is worth enough, it might be worth the effort to remove it if I decide I don't want it. Mostly just thinking out loud.
  8. Howard70 Husqvarna
    A Class

Knarly:

I'd keep it. I rode my 08 with the stock setup several times at night and I felt it was dangerous on the street. If there's a chance you'll be doing much street riding at night, planned or unplanned, I'd keep the Lynx.

However, if you do decide to sell it and any prospective buyers are concerned about the dash being unsuitable for their plans, you could suggest they contact Britanniacomposites about a replacement dash. When I checked early this year the cost for a new dash was only $28 plus shipping. I don't know if that is the current price or not, but prospective buyers might find that getting a new dash wouldn't be prohibitive.

Howard
  9. fatboycrash Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    1997 Ducati 900ss
    Can I have first option if you decide to sell please?
    Regards
    FBC
  10. knary Husqvarna
    B Class

Fairing will be up for sale shortly. I do like it, but having decided I needed to get the suspension reworked, I need the money. I picked up a new dash for the next owner.
  11. mtne Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08' TE610 + 08'TE610 sumo'd
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 950SE
  12. knary Husqvarna
    B Class

I'll let y'all know. And I do have the PM's received previously in regards to this.
  13. TrailRider Husqvarna
    B Class

His bike might get this look.... ya never know. :excuseme:
    [IMG]