1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc What year CR or WR 125s did the 50mm Zokes come on? I need triples to match...

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by dea9, Nov 2, 2018.

1. dea9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR150, 2004 CR125, 2006 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM EXC200
    Hi everyone,

(I'm Dan, the guy who made the Jetting Database Google Spreadsheet. Haven't been around here in awhile since my bike has been running great!)

I have a 2011 WR150, aka WR125, and I think the triples are bent because the handlebar and the wheel can't be made to point in the same direction no matter how much loosening and readjusting I do. Axle seems straight. Tried new handlebars, same issue, so I think I need new triples.

The problem is, it seems that the previous owner may have swapped forks and triples before I bought it.

It has 50mm Marzocchi Twin Chamber Shivers on it now, and I don't think those were stock for my model and year. These forks are 58mm around at the top clamp and 61mm around at the bottom clamp, but the replacement triples I bought are not the right size (they are 54/59).

So, could anyone tell me what years the 50mm's came on CR or WR 125s so I can look up that triple, see what other bikes it was common to, and find a set on Ebay that fits?

Or if someone has a set that fits I'll buy them right now!

Thanks,
    Dan
  2. Oldscool Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    RM125, SWM RS500R & Superdual
    Have you tried rotating the fork leg in the triple clamp to a different position, might have a bent fork leg??
  3. dea9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR150, 2004 CR125, 2006 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM EXC200
    You mean rotating the upper part of the fork leg in the triple? Yes, I tried that, and also rolled them on a flat table to see if they were warped/bent. Also, held the uppers still and rotated the lowers to see if they were bent, and I think they are all straight.

I'll look again tomorrow, but I've had a devil of a time diagnosing this, so I appreciate all suggestions of what to try. I'll head over to the garage tomorrow and start further investigation.

I did find a spot on the triples where there is significant paint or coating chipped off, and that was after running straight into a tree, which is why I'm suspecting bent triples, but I will admit I'm not 100% sure of the problem yet. Could even be that the bar clamps are somehow tweaked, but I'm taken them off and remounted a few times, and the bars seem to be straight relative to the top triple.
    Oldscool likes this.
  4. gots_a_sol Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR177
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 250RR
    I *think* you are looking for an 09 to have the 50mm zokes (at least that is what my bike had when I bought it)
    rockdancer likes this.
  5. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    The 09 wr250 had the open chamber 50mm zokes so I'd assume the 125 would have the same forks. If I was in the position of needing forks and clamps I'd look for the 2013 cr125 front end with the dual chamber KYBs.
  6. Treesmacker Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 CR150 "Woods set-up"
    Other Motorcycles:
    YZ125
    I have a 2010 CR150 with 50mm dual chamber zokes, the previous owner swapped them from a 2009 I believe.
  7. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150
    My 09 WR125 had them, my 11 CR125 has the KYB's
  8. johnnyboy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 250f
    Top bar clamp is most likely bent /twisted - rubber bushes shot - and or bolts bent , Seen all of these things but I very much doubt if its the triples
  9. johnnyboy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 250f