What size sprockets are you running?

Discussion in 'Super Moto' started by dorty08, Dec 17, 2013.

1. dorty08 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 511
    I own a TE 511, I mainly use it on the road for travelling to work. I'm running a 15 tooth front and a 43 tooth rear and I still rekon I could go a bit smaller on the rear for road use, was just wondering what other road Husky riders were running?

Also I'm not real keen on the 511 close ratio gear box, it's a real let down for the model actually, anyone else agree ?

Cheers.
  2. Caiman Senior Vice Procrastinator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SWM SM500R
    Running stock gearing on the SMR (15/43), but have in the past run 15/45 which I prefer as I don't do highway riding just stick in the twisty roads around here, give it more 'poke' out of the corners.

I have 40T, 43T and 45T sprockets in my tool box, but I'm too lazy to change to often.
  3. dorty08 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 511
    Ah ok cool, I was actually thinking more like a 40 tooth but am yet to speak to someone who has that set up..
  4. 70RSMAT Husqvarna
    AA Class

I used to have 15/40 on my smr 511, allowed it to cruise much better when needs be and was much better for the kind of roads around here.
  5. dorty08 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 511
    Yeah I was thinking something like that too, anywhere online that you can but a 40 tooth for the 511?
  6. Caiman Senior Vice Procrastinator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SWM SM500R
    I believe Halls has some.
  7. 70RSMAT Husqvarna
    AA Class

I got mine few years ago from supersprox, but now I've just got my second 511 the smallest I could find was a 42 on there
  8. mtne Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08' TE610 + 08'TE610 sumo'd
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 950SE
    Hmm, I was running a compromise gearing with the 610 TE/SM conversion which had an extra two links from stock. It allowed me to go from 13t to 16t on the front while running a 50t rear for the TE and a 17T / 47T for the SM. Since I'll be moving one bike towards dedicated SM with occasional TE duties (buddy trail bike) What might be a good sprocket set up for urban combat / mountain twisties? I was never happy with the 17/47 as I would have to short shift the first couple of gears to avoid bouncing the rev limiter........
  9. Caiman Senior Vice Procrastinator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SWM SM500R
    dorty08 likes this.
  10. Cauliflower ear Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 450SMR, 04 450SMR, 07 SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 CRF450R

That is exactly what I am running as well, I dont hit the freeways much so this works well for me.
  11. Super5onic88 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    RGV 250
    I have a 41T for the highway rides, standard 43 I have on my track wheels (bit too tall for our super tight tracks) and most recently a new 46T IronMan that I have yet to try.
  12. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    Anyone use a Supersprox rear and had any complaints regarding the rivets rubbing the chain guide? I like the concept of allow and steel but the protruding rivets look like an after thought that could cause issues. Thoughts?
  13. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    I've ran both super and ironman sprockets. The supersprox is prettier, but not as bullet proof as the ironman. Supersprox only warranties specific products, where as iron warranties all.
  14. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 Suzuki SV1000/73 Honda CB350
    Supersprox 42T on the rear w/17" rim.
  15. TomGlander Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE 511

Don't agree on gear box. I like the close ratio. Running 17 inch wheels, 15 front, 44 rear. Seems to about perfect for me. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, or so they say.
  16. Teambowles Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    19 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    19 ktm 6 days excf 450 n excf 500
    Stock front, 40t rear perfect for mine image.jpg
  17. jimmyc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 TXC449, 09 SM610, WR250, plated
    Other Motorcycles:
    18YZ250X GS1200 busa duc900SS GG
    Changed from a 14/45 to a 16/45 last weekend for a ADV ride. I couldn't find my 15 front. The 16/45 gave me excellent gas mileage , but had to shift a lot more.
    I also liked how i could actually use first and second gear. Going stick with this setup for a while.
  18. huskylove Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 cr125 in progress
    15/44 seems okay so far...still stay off the freeway as much as is possible.
  19. Sinkers_husky Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13' TE449, '11 SMR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    GSXR600, Monster 696M, M109R
    SMR511 I'm running 15/40 on the track, perfect for me. Stock with 43 was hitting limiter at 135kmph. 40 rear has me just brushing limiter at 175/180 kmph at the end of my local road race track straight and allows lower gears to be useful.

Re gearbox, has been a pain on my '13 TE449. Fine off-road but the infrequent 'transport sections' has me sitting on 85-95 kmph out of mechanical sympathy. It's not an out and out enduro race bike and standard box just makes it an extra gear change, 6th really needs to be an over drive gear for the longer trail and road sections, in keeping with what the bike is -that is - the perfect trail riders bike
  20. BR1 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMS 125 MY2010, SMR 449 MY2011
    SMR449 I'm using 15/42, with a rear Supersprox. NO highway.