1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    FE = 4st Enduro & FC = 4st Cross

FE/FC What mods have you done for the 2017 FE 350/250?

Discussion in '4st' started by MotoXImage, Mar 10, 2017.

1. MotoXImage Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 FE 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    2000 XR 400
    I'd like to know what modifications for performance, suspension, hand guards, tanks etc are being done to the new line. If you done something let me know.
    Thanks
  2. MotoXImage Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 FE 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    2000 XR 400
    Well I guess you can cross the Map/Traction control switch off the list. I just thought it was an option. Now I understand that the US models aren't even set up for it at all. Bummin.
  3. Teambowles Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    19 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    19 ktm 6 days excf 450 n excf 500
    Tough crowd lol. Fmf pipe first imo, btw where's the pics. Here's our fc450 with a few minor mods image.jpeg
    MotoXImage likes this.
  4. MotoXImage Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 FE 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    2000 XR 400
    Glamis, Dumont or Pismo bound? Looking wicked. Good choice of wheels too (Taco) looks better with Husky's than my silver Taco. I'll put up some pics very soon after I do a little clean up. Crashed while taking it easy up a rocky trail. I saw something up ahead, sun in my face but shadows on the ground and caught a rut while looking at the bush. It's hard to tell from the video because of the sun but it's possible it was a couple of bears. As I passed I revved twice to scare what ever it was. Next thing I know I was on the ground and very thankful for the electric start in gear to get me out of there. 15 seconds later I reached the top looking down on Glen Helen. BTW, your 2015 is looking newer than mine with 75 miles on it.
    Teambowles likes this.
  5. Teambowles Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    19 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    Oregon dunes. 6 hour drive one way and it kills me lol. Lots of fun though, I'm anal n OCD bad, everything has to be clean and it sucks....it's only plastic on the crash everything can be replaced I guess lol. My street bikes sit on carpet in my garage bro....I know it's bad
    juicypips and MotoXImage like this.
  6. Teambowles Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    19 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yea taco is my youngest kids ride very nice I want one. 285/55/20 on xd's image.jpeg
    MotoXImage likes this.
  7. MotoXImage Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 FE 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    2000 XR 400
    I've heard that going to oversized tires on the Tacos is a problem with the traction control and abs systems. Has he had any issues?
  8. Teambowles Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    19 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    Nope none, Toyota dealer installed pro comp 3 and 1 leveling kit and tires and rims. He bought tires from dealer and rims from a local 4wd shop in town.
  9. MotoXImage Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 FE 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    2000 XR 400
    Good to know. I didn't change tire/rim size because of the so called problems. I had a 2010 4Runner and went to a larger tire and it had problems so I figured the 2016 TRD 4x4 might have the same.
    Teambowles likes this.
  10. huskyte310 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09/te310
    On certain cars/trucks you can program your tire size in to the ecm so the vehicle can compensate for the new tire size. You will need a good scanner to do that. Or Maybe bring it to a tire place to see if they can do it.
    MotoXImage likes this.
  11. Weantright Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2019 FX350 w/KYB Inserts
    Other Motorcycles:
    2017 FE250 w/OC, 2016 XTrainer w/KYB
    Most dealers will do this for you,,,, some charge some don't.
    MotoXImage likes this.
  12. Teambowles Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    19 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    Toyota dealer said since it was just a leveling kit it wouldn't void the warranty but any bigger lift and yea the traction control will go off at times like in tight corners. Total for everything leveling kit and install, tires rims was about $2200. Still rides nice cant really tell the difference except for the stance is much higher. The bfg k0 2 tires are amazing....BTW I did the same to my tundra crew max but went with 305/55/20 and it rides like glass.

Edit...The cheapest for the fmf was rocky mountain and I called all around. Our local dealers wont even sell after market pipes anymore due to californias restrictions. The nihilo frame tape was cheap and keeps the frame from wear, good investment imo. A buddy in Oregon just bought a 350 and loves it, hes had lots of bikes and says his 350 is the best by far...
    MotoXImage likes this.
  13. MotoXImage Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 FE 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    2000 XR 400
    Traction control going off in the corners here in the mountains on my 4Runner was often and scary. I wonder if you turn the traction control off by the mirror if that will eliminate the problem. I turn it off often as it applies subtle braking in corners when I'm just coasting. BTW, there are very few roads that have more than a 1/4 mile of straight where I live so its more of a pain in the ass here than in most cities.

The California EPA is out of control. One day there going to get enough off roaders pissed off and you'll find thousands of RVs, trailers, truck and motorcycles holding there own version of BLM on the freeways to make a point.
    Teambowles likes this.