What do MXGP riders do between races?

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by ray_ray, Mar 14, 2015.

1. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    MXGP living is coming into focus now ... Just a little funny watching this stuff since I'm more or less living it and still remember when I first arrived out side the states. Not sure who the gals were in here but maybe they are GFs of the riders? You get away from home, in a distant land so far you can't remember home, you have girls at your feet for no other reason than you were born and now stand in front of these girls...It ain't always easy to be disciplined enough to go home alone ... Beware ...you've been warned. Kansas is ~safe and ~best for many of us.

http://www.vitalmx.com/videos/member/Dirt-Shark-Thailand-MXGP-2015,11668/ocscottie,405

Think that is an ELEC taxi RV is driving ... AC222 words on the track are a little funny also. Herlings conversation is sort of true on the english speaking part but not really over the long haul .. (As per another thread out here, this just might be life you have not experienced and may not wanna actually live other than on the screen.)
    dave lindsey likes this.
  2. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 + 40 = WB 165 and a SM165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    No that is a tuk tuk and it runs on LPG (low pressure propane gas)

pretty famous for Thailand as you don't see this type of gas driven vehicle any where else.

In Cambodia the have also tuk tuks but these are all 4 stroke driven or tow cars driven by a Honda dream motorcycle

Don't know about Kansas but Thailand is pretty polished compared by Cambodia yet Thailand has it's fair share of hots spots :rolleyes:

Robert-Jan
  3. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Funny how each society carves out its own way of doing things ... They are talking about bringing ELEC rigs here that look like to those tuk tuks to replace the jeepneys ... They have a real transportation problem in Manila that is gonna be ~total grid lock in a few yrs ... Just no space over there for all the trucks and cars and buses ... Plus diesel pollution is really bad in the cities ... Its 150cc and lower motorcycles or motorcycle trikes here mostly ...And that's everywhere ...Just walk out to about any road and a ride of some sort will be by shortly ..

I was hearing Thailand is pretty modern also ..Not sure how safe it really is for tourist\foreigners ... One person says it's safer than here and another says lots of foreigner killled but you most likely will never hear about them unless you are there...
  4. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 + 40 = WB 165 and a SM165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    I think in general Asia is pretty safe yet every country has its dangerous sides.

You run in the wrong crowd and piss them off (easily being done if you don't know the cultural customs) and it can be a dangerous place.

Comon sense keeps you alive.

I did travel a fair bit and I am living 15 years in Cambodia and saw quite a few things, yet if you ask me its a pretty safe country here (most dangerous are the roads)

off road riding is actually safer then commuting in the city.

Her in Phnom Penh we are also getting the hours long gridlocks (first ones do appear already)

Robert-Jan
  5. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    City driving here is bad and can go into zoo-mode about dark each day ...Even being on a bike has limits and you will still get backed up ... Its bad here in Cebu City but its such a small place in size, unless total gridlock, it just wastes lots of time during the day doing ~3-4-5-6 mile rides that take lots of time.

I'm never in the cities at night but I don't think foreigners are targetedd too much on Cebu ... Unless you go out and start asking for it and I'm sure you will find it .. Or maybe if you get around the pure tourists spots, might be a little unsafer, not sure ... I was over on Negros and it has as few pretty cool MID size cities to live it ... ... No problems in the mountains here if you get out before dark or hanging with some locals you know well. No one will say ride out there at night unless with others.

Just about stopped all the street riding here except what is needed to get west and out from the ocean ... Just too beyond what I wanna do on a bike ...