1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc what do I need to do ...waterproof '08 cr125

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by scrambler, Sep 16, 2009.

1. scrambler Husqvarna
    A Class

Getting ready to ride the Corduroy Enduro...I seem to drown out when the water reaches mid way to the motor...any tips here?
  2. dfeckel Husqvarna
    AA Class

It's all about those carburetor vent hoses. You need to run a couple of them (the uppers?) into the airbox. When they are all pointing down and they all get into the water, fuel flow to the carburetor is reduced and the bike dies. At least, this is my understanding of the situation.

I used one of the Uptite carb vent filters, running all the lines into the top. I put a "T" in the inlet line at the bottom of the filter and ran one line up to the airbox and the other down towards the linkage.

I haven't run in deep water, yet, but I'm confident I won't have fuel starvation issues with this setup.
  3. surfer1100 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR250, Memories of past tiddlers.
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM-01 EN 125, 03 125 MX, 09 EN 155
    Yup, the carb will actually suck in water if they are all submerged. Route the upper two into the air box. Also check to see if your stator cover has a drain slot, if so fill with steel epoxy/JB weld, and proceed to pop cover after each ride to clean/let the condensation out. The bike can also die from water getting in there and "shorting your electrics so to speak" then your stuck kicking the bike over 30x times to dry out the stator. Also duct tape or silicone the drain slot in your airbox. If you silicone you need to put a one way drain in the bottom of the airbox, if duct taping cut an x in the tape.