What came out of my engine during this oil change?

Discussion in 'Older Single cams' started by domrvt, Oct 12, 2012.

1. domrvt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    1978 CT90, 1982 NU50M
    I was just changing the oil on my 98 TE410, and found a large piece of metal on the end of the filter magnet. I put the magnet back in to see if there was any more; there was a lot more. See the attached pics. They look like straps with pins. Prior to this oil change, the bike ran great. It's been about 6 months since it's been started. After the oil change and removing all this metal, it still runs. Can anyone tell me what these pieces are? Thanks.

image2.jpeg image1.jpeg
  2. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    you got lots of answers and drama over on the other site. As I said I looked all through the parts fiche and found nothing that looked like those bits. Start takin er apart man, thats the only way to go anyway. best of luck. RN
    pennswoodsed likes this.
  3. domrvt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    1978 CT90, 1982 NU50M
    I saw that over there, thanks for the input. Looking at the parts catalog, it looks like maybe a transmission shaft bearing. I'm planning to open it up this weekend.

By the way, this bike is wearing a desert tank I bought from you a while ago, I think off a TE610. Did you sell that bike?
  4. Up-tite Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Bearing ball retainer, probably Main bearing or one of the other 6 in the motor.
    Later George
    vtskier and Coffee like this.