What are your favorite (legal) spots to ride in the US?

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by m1kebeck, Jun 1, 2018.

1. m1kebeck Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 YZ250
    I plan to take a trip sometime this summer to some of the best dirt bike trail riding in the country. What are your favorite spots? Looking for a place with endless miles of trails! Somewhere I can pay for a permit or pay per day. I live on Long Island with no where legal to ride so I want to experience what most states are privileged with. somewhere with breathtaking areas and scenery, I’m picturing a sort of forresty terrain. I want to really be impressed with this trip, I’m sure many of you have experienced what I’m looking for. Thanks in advance!

Also willing to meet up with a group. Would love to meet some people and do some traveling this summer to some different spots!
  2. JonXX Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    360CR 360WR SM610 TC450 TXC250 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hondas, Harleys, Yammys & a squid
    Come to the Pacific Northwet late spring or late fall are best. To give you an idea of what we have to offer here in Oregon, I put DOT knobbies on my SM610 and rode coastal sand dunes, coast range rain forest single track, a mixed woods/mountain/desert XC track, and blasted across a dry lake bed all in one day. In other words, if you don't like the riding where you're at, move three hours away and it's completely different terrain.
    Buster714 and WoodsChick like this.
  3. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    legal=boring Best trails around here are on the other side of the gate. Best riding park in NC is Brushy Mt basically. Lots of racing at private spots and a bunch of MX tracks.
    Give us a ride report, with pics! :cheers:
  4. Rob578 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Beta 300RR Beta 500RS TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda 919 sold FJR1300 sold