1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

what are u carb setting for north east guys

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by linkandcuff, Jan 22, 2009.

1. linkandcuff Husqvarna
    A Class

i have a 06 te510 stock
    here are my settings
    JD blue needle on 6th clip down fromt top
    185 main
    45 pilot
    its been pretty cold up here and its still running lean
    i'm going to go by a 190 tomorrow but wanted to hear what u guys are running
  2. Dieselox4 Husqvarna
    A Class

07 TE510

JD Red Needle 5th from the top
    180 main
    42 pilot
    "Stealth" titanium fuel screw 2 turns out

I havent riden it since the weather went below 50 degrees (about a month and a half).

I cut my pipe down 4" and took out restrictor. After that i got a Pop on decel at 1/4 to no throttle. I went to a 45 pilot, 1 turn out on the screw and the pop went away but had a SEVERE Bog. Went back to a 42 and 2 turns out and it lifts the front at a touch of the throttle. Not a hint of bog throughout the entire band! Still small Pop on decel at closed throttle. Ill live with it for the great ride!:thumbsup:

Mike
  3. linkandcuff Husqvarna
    A Class

thats my problem...i get a bog at idle when i hit the throttle hard WOT and it feels lean no matter when i'm WOT but doesnt bog once i'm 1/2 threw the rpm range and i took the spark plug out and the tip is pretty white. my idle to 1/2 is awesome with the setting i have now...i found a 190 in my assortment of jets i keep on hand so i'm going to try the 190 jet and 4th clip down tomorrow to see what happens...i'm reading on the ice at 0-30 degrees so its pretty cold riding
  4. Dieselox4 Husqvarna
    A Class

Exact same thing mine did. when i put the 45 in. After going back to the 42, everything cleared up. I think both your circuits are to hi. To me, 45 and 190 seem pretty high. But i havent ridden below 50 like i said. Are you running the blue needle because of the cold? If it was me, i would go to the stock JD settings with 1.5 turns out on the screw. which is what mine is set at. Your bog at lower throttle should go away. I also wouldnt go WOT. until you got the lower end squared away. When i was testing mine. I did alot of stop to quarter and half throttle coming to a full stop after each try. as i did this, i would turn the fuel screw out a quarter turn until it got better. My bog went away with the 42 but i had the pop. I would also take out the plug after about 5 starts to check the color. I was worried if it was getting brown at quarter throttle, when i opened it up to run good. it was burning the brown or fuel off the plug. It was white but slowely started to darken up a bit. after 3 full turns out i went with the 45 and half turn out. Super big bog but no pop. went back to 42, and 2 turns out and have a slight pop at closed throttle.

That my .02 anyway. but there are alot more better smarter people on here than me myself.

My exhaust is sealed also.

Mike
  5. linkandcuff Husqvarna
    A Class

the only issue with my going to a 42 would be the fact that my plus is pretty white. and a smaller pilot wouldnt help my lean WOT. I have the stock fuel screw at the moment which makes it a pain to adjust. Does the fuel scew richen when turned out or is it letting more air in when turned out? I used the blue needle bacause i ride in lower altitudes and right now cold temps since i ride it all winter..
  6. Dieselox4 Husqvarna
    A Class

according to JD instructions:

Sea level to 4000':
    Red Needle, clip in 5th from the top
    180 main
    42 pilot

4000'-8000'
    Red Needle, clip in 4th from the top
    175 main
    42 pilot

8000'-up
    Red Needle, clip in 4th from the top
    170 main
    42 pilot

If bike feels lean in cold conditions i.e. below 50*degrees
    Blue needle, clip in the 4th position
    185 main
    42 pilot
    *NOTE*

Mine stays in sea level conditions

I think you are running lean because you are using the blue needle on 6th clip

mike
  7. Dieselox4 Husqvarna
    A Class

I know there are more guys on here in the NE with some settings and issues they worked through.

mike
  8. linkandcuff Husqvarna
    A Class

i was outside trying different setting

1st attemped
    2 1/2 turns out
    blue needle 6th down (richer)
    still bogged wot

2nd
    2 turns out
    blue 4th (leaner)
    still bogged at wot

3rd
    2 turns
    blue 4th
    still bog (maybe worse but pretty much the same)

tomorrow going to see if i can buy a 42 pilot and order a extended fuel adjuster
    i have 48-50-52 pilots at home
    but remember i have a white plug, is the red needle a richer needle??....according to JD they say the blue is richer so i didnt bother trying the red yet.
  9. Dieselox4 Husqvarna
    A Class

It is my understanding that the blue needle taper is steeper. It is richer in the 1/8 to 1/4 throttle area than the red. What is making me wonder is your lean looking plug when you are running a super rich system. It seems to me that you are running a rich pilot, main, and needle. The fuel screw (FS is the fine adjustment for fuel. turning it in leans and turning it out richens. stock for my 07 is 1 1/2 turns out from closed. When you close the FS tighten until you feel it snug. do not over tighten. you risk breaking the tip.

I really like these huskys with the easy carb adjustments.

mike
  10. linkandcuff Husqvarna
    A Class

well i got it running perfect....it was the AP that needed adjusting. i ended up going with the bigger o-ring and now runs great....so here is my settings for upstate ny in the winter time

main= 185
    pilot= 45
    leak jet= whatever jd gave me
    stock fuel screw 2 turns
    blue needle 4 clip from the top

i ordered a extended fuel screw so i can fine tune it but it almost dead on right now...lots of power!!
  11. Dieselox4 Husqvarna
    A Class

That is awesome. i didnt even think of that. I though since you had a JD kit, it was already on there. it feels so good to be able to roll on the throttle hard and feel the power through the whole rpm. How does the Plug look?

mike
  12. linkandcuff Husqvarna
    A Class

its on its way to becoming a nice tan color i'll look at it again after i ride it a bit tomorrow and post how the ride went and maybe even snap a few pictures
  13. linkandcuff Husqvarna
    A Class

i just came back from the local lake which has a great drag strip plowed out...the bike ran great while racing wot threw the gears and 100% better then last time i went for a ride still needs a little adjusting...i just changed the jetting to this:

"180" main
    45 pilot
    "red" needle on 5th clip
    2 turns out on fuel screw i cant wait untill i get the extended fuel screw...should be here this week sometime

i'll be going to the lake again tomorrow
    by the way i raced a few sleds and the only sled that could beat me was a thundercat 1000 with little work done to it...i might be racing him again tomorrow
  14. linkandcuff Husqvarna
    A Class

ok i went to the lake yesterday again to hang with the sleds and i ended up adjusting the carb at the lake since i didnt like the low end feel...still a slight bog
    here is the new setting

180 main
    45 pilot
    "blue" needle on 6th clip away from top
    2 turns out on fuel screw

felt great and ran it all day agains sleds