Well it's not the cam chain

Discussion in '610/630' started by babalu24, Sep 20, 2016.

1. babalu24 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 TE 610
    1999 TE 610 kickstart model Just thought I'd post after a long night we'll come to find out that the noise coming from motor was the water pump impeller the nut came off and chewed up the impeller and a lil of the housing that be said gonna check with Moto exotica on impeller and gasket any one have any other suggestion was thinking of checking piston and so forth figure I'll be down for a min till parts arrive anybody ever put a bigger piston in there bike?? And how did it work thinking about going this route now that I'm starting to get deeper into it
  2. vmxwinn Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR500,CR430,XC430,OR250,WR400,TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    To many to list
    Quite screwing up a good thing my friend. That bike was beyond perfect when you started.
    Huskyfatman likes this.
  3. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

There are bigger pistons available but it is probably not worth it. I believe you would have to bore and replate you cylinder since I never big bore cylinders for the 610.
    Huskyfatman likes this.
  4. Braaapster Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '93 WXC 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '95 XR600R, '03 DR650
    George at Uptite has 100 mm JE piston kits available that should bump up displacement to 601cc. My old piston and cylinder were toast, so I figured that since I needed to re-plate my cylinder anyways I may as well go with the 100 mm piston kit. I'm still waiting to get my cylinder back, so I can't comment on performance yet, but I'm not expecting to see any major gains from it. I don't think it would be worth going with an oversize piston based on performance alone as it's a lot of $$$ for not much performance gain. If you're doing a full engine rebuild because parts are worn, then it would make more sense.
  5. vmxwinn Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR500,CR430,XC430,OR250,WR400,TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    To many to list
    Please don't encourage him. His bike is virtually brand new and does not need the motor opened up for anything. Believe me. Babalu is a buddy of mine and he just can't leave well enough alone. Lol
    Huskyfatman likes this.
  6. MotoXotica Husqvarna
    AA Class

I second vmxwinn comments. Dan
    Huskyfatman likes this.
  7. pomuk Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    sms630 2011
    Have a look at http://www.htmracing.it/cms/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=190&Itemid=182 use google chrome to translate from italian looks like they do a full big bore kit including cylinder