1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC Well I picked up a...

Discussion in '2st' started by 87husky500xc, Jan 8, 2020.

1. 87husky500xc Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2020 tx300i and a few vintage bikes
    Other Motorcycles:
    77 honda xr-75..
    2020 tx300i! Was very close to jumping on a 4 stroke this time around but I saw this bike at the dealer with only 7 hours and the guy turned it in because he chanced buying a two stroke but wanted a 4 stroke again... so I figured why make the same mistake haha no ride report but one soon to come.
    160ADF5E-8ED1-4670-8C71-10D05CBC5B11.jpeg
  2. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

So pretty! I choose a 19 for carb..lighter weight and kick backup..rode my buddies 2020..have rode a couple other tpi huskys and this one ran better I thought then the other tpi bikes and honestly wasn't much different then then my carb version..congrats on the bike! Look forward to your ride report
    robertaccio likes this.
  3. 87husky500xc Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    77 honda xr-75..
    Thanks Fletch! I feel the same way about the carb and kicker especially since I’ve been riding my 15 te with a dead battery for a couple months haha. But I picked this one up for a tad cheaper than I could have picked up a 19 from another local dealer and I figured what the hell, why not. I hope to get out and ride this evening at least for 45mins to an hour but we’ll see. I don’t have a headlight on it so after dark rides will be a little more of a pain haha
  4. Teambowles Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    19 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    19 ktm 6 days excf 450 n excf 500
    Very nice enjoy, awesome choice
    87husky500xc likes this.
  5. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    you tpi guys should take a look at Coober ECU, as long as you leave the engine stock. for maximum performance parameters mapped with no epa/euro compromises.
    87husky500xc likes this.
  6. Kam1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    04 TC 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 KTM 300xcw- sold// 2016 wr450
    Fine , but I am telling the wife , it is all your fault ! ( She supports my habit , thanks for tip )
    87husky500xc likes this.
  7. 87husky500xc Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    77 honda xr-75..
    Thanks for the suggestion Robert. I was lucky enough to get out Wednesday night for about a 30 minute ride. Holy cow is this engine smooth. Mind you guys I’m coming off the non counter balanced 15 TE (I know it’s old news now) but this thing is incredible. It’s like riding an e bike with 2 stroke sound effects and a six speed haha The bike pulls crazy hard from 1/4 up until it signs off up top. That being said I was a little bummed about the bottom end response from 0 up to 1/4 throttle. It was very gutless and when I’d coast into a corner and roll on the throttle coming out it was very hesitant to open back up. Seemed very odd. So last night I got to digging through the manual. It clearly states the importance of having the idle properly adjusted. So sped up the idle just under a half of a turn and the bike fired much easier even cold. Didn’t have a chance to get out and ride again. So in the mean time I put all the suspension settings back to standard and reset the sag. I will need to respring the bike because it’s over sprung for me but it’ll work for the time being. I swapped in the black throttle cable guide that according to the manual opens the throttle body more rapidly. The throttle cables had an insane amount of play (how someone rode 7 hours that way is crazy to me). Aired up the tires some. Have not touched power valve. Finally I got to get out again tonight and wow. Night and day difference off the bottom. This bike is very crisp all the way through and pulls like a freight train. It desperately needs to be re-geared though. I’ll probably start with 14-50 but may even go 14-48. That’s what’s on my te and it has no problems anywhere. Unfortunately no air pump from the stealership (they told me they could possibly snag one for me but didn’t come through then had the balls to offer me a discount for a new one after I just gave them a good amount of money but whatever) for the forks but they seem to be very stiff. So small steps for now until I can start ordering up parts for it and send the suspension out to be resprung.still need to get the levers and bars adjusted right. Oh yeah and the Maguras are crap compared to the brembos. So that’ll be on the wish list too. They feel like drums compared the brembos on my 15. All in all I do like the bike a lot it’ll just take some time to get it setup. After all I’ve mostly ridden my te for 5 years and it took me 1.5 of those to really get it where I wanted it.
    robertaccio and PDL like this.
  8. 87husky500xc Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    77 honda xr-75..
    I’ll also add that it was quite strange pooring straight gas in a 2 stroke. Another thing to get used to haha
    robertaccio and Captnemo like this.
  9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

Maybe try different pads or clean them with brake cleaner. I think I like the Maguras more than the Brembo, seem to have a more linear response and don’t bit so hard initially. Allows me to really control the front wheel on slick down hills and I find them very powerful on the fast stuff. I run standard sintered pads.
    Captnemo likes this.
  10. 87husky500xc Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    77 honda xr-75..
    Thanks for the input! I’ll give them a good cleaning when I get a chance. I agree up front but I like the bite out back. I’m no expert by any means but just personal taste. Haven’t gotten to ride it much yet as I’m waiting for my air pump to show up from rmatv. Will be on the hunt for a spring for the shock here pretty quick. Any opinions on what brand springs? I’ve seen Slavens, enduro engineering and also race tech ones but not sure what I’ll get yet (not that I think you can go wrong with any of them). I need a 4.4 when I’m in full gear with the pack and everything plus I’ll be putting an ims 3.1 on it too.
  11. Captnemo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE300 ('15), TX300 ('19), TX300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    ATK406 ('94 XC),
    218 vs 224 lbs = not much difference, plus you can still add a kicker kit to the 2020 unit. Tpi is really the way to go. That will be all you can get from KTM/Husky/Gasgas in the near future. I have not seen any drop in performance over a Carb unit as I own both -

P.s. Fuel range is a lot better compared to a Carb !
  12. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I have my 2016 TE 300 geared 13/52 KOM Style
  13. 87husky500xc Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    77 honda xr-75..
    For kom I get that gearing choice haha well I’ve put a few more hours on the 2020 and I must say I am less than impressed with how it runs down low. It runs like there’s a rag stuck in the intake. Once you hit mid range it pulls harder than my last 300 and if you can keep it there all is well. Thought that raising the idle a bit helped but not once I got into the technical stuff and put a few hard hours on it. It runs pretty crappy. Plug reads a little rich but it definitely seems lean down low. There is almost nothing there. It’s pretty unridable in anything tight. Maybe I just got a bad seed. And since it’s used no warranty because I’m a bonehead and didn’t do enough research on the matter but it is what it is. So needless to say I’m going to start going through some diagnostics but it really seems like that’s just the way they are from a few different reputable folks out there. Any input? I’m guessing and ecu change will be in the future along with all the other stuff ya need so I’ll start another build thread once parts start showing up. I’m sure it’ll all work out but it’s a little frustrating as I read so many saying they run pretty good. Hopefully I can get it figured out now that my work schedule is opened up I planned on getting into the local series out here and racing a bit this year but February 16th isn’t too far away
  14. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Ive rode a couple 19 ktm tpi bikes and was not super impressed. The 2020 tx 300 i rode last fall felt better then the 19 ktm bikes..call me old school but I like my 19 with a carb and kick backup . A friend's 2020 ktm after riding hard as he was about to load it the bike starting revving up and down with his hand off the throttle! I'll do a carb. But I would make sure it has the latest ecu flash or any updates...I wouldn't think you got a lemon..and even if not the original owner a good husky dealer if there is a issue may be able to help..
    robertaccio likes this.
  15. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I think your wrong on gas gas..it will be the stepchild bike..I bet carb models..possibly...I like stepchild's and may ride one..I'm not ready for tpi and close to retirement..lol..tm has carb version along with main bearing beta..I'm sure every year it will get sorted better..the early fuel injection snowmobiles didn't feel that good ..but if my ssr 250 buchanneer can have fuel injection they should be able to figure it out..
    robertaccio likes this.
  16. 87husky500xc Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    77 honda xr-75..
    I hear ya fletch and I would’ve gone carb but it was appetizing seeing a 2020 for less than I could’ve bought a new carbd bike (maybe not looking back haha). The kicker isnt as big of a deal to me. Im going to make sure I have the latest flash but I’m not sure what the dealer would want to reflash it. The other issue is I don’t have much faith in the local dealer. Not a knock but I’ve seen some of their work first hand and am less than impressed. There’s another local dealer about 45 mins away that I may reach out too. Plan on going through some basic diagnostics and then will decide whether or not to change the ecu to an aftermarket one. Not too much info out there on the piggyback ecus. Could go with the either coober, get, jd tuner, PowerCDI, and there may be a couple others but who knows what’s the best route. Seems like the get is the most popular route but my wallet would not appreciate that at all. Im sure if I can get it dialed and running to my liking ill love it as it has plenty of power just not where I want it. Well see for now. How many other fi guys are on here? Maybe need to start up an fi thread.
  17. Teambowles Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    19 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    19 ktm 6 days excf 450 n excf 500
    Just a thought might try calling my local dealer here and talking with them they're pretty up to date on husky n ktm n your only a few hours away if needed. 530-221-6612, fators motorcycles Craig is owner n Corey is son hope it works out
    87husky500xc likes this.
  18. 87husky500xc Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    77 honda xr-75..
    I’ll get it sorted one way or the other. Thanks for the info on the guys out your way. May have to give them a call depending on what I decide to do. Have a few options at this point so no big deal. Took it out again this afternoon and it seemed a little better than the other day oddly enough. About 15 degrees warmer than the last time I took it out. I also didn’t change elevation like I usually do. Either it’s going to get dialed and I won’t have to worry about it anymore haha won’t have much ride time in the next week or so as I’m going to go through the whole bike and start fitting the goods I have coming in this week.
    Teambowles likes this.
  19. vdrsnk Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None yet :(
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda 420, Suzuki 50
    I’m about to replace my 18 TX300 with a 20 tx300i and I’m being told to switch to the Coober ecu and this gets rid of that hesitation you are experiencing from idle to 1/4 throttle.
    robertaccio likes this.
  20. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    oem engine with no engine mods Coober engineered for the max performance and longevity of the stock engine, with no restrictions. simple plug and play. Ive been very in tune with all the ecu options . this is the plug and play optimizer for oem engines. others are tunable for tuners.
    87husky500xc likes this.