1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

Weird things happen to me......

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by Bigbill, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    I purchased a '78 kick starter shaft by accident. I thought it was the kick starter. The seller had the shifter link setup with shafts too. A fast forward a few weeks later I purchased a '78 complete 250wr with the kick starter and shifter welded to the shafts. Do I feel lucky that it maybe the only thing that's welded? I have the replacement shafts. I need a 250wr bike for my step grandson. I let him ride my 84 250wr and he loves it. But it's weird that I purchased the parts to repair the motor before I bought it.
  2. disonny Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    73 360 wr/rt, 75 wr250 78 cr250,
    Other Motorcycles:
    83 wr250, 84 wr400
    I've done that before. Funny how things sometimes work out for the good.
  3. 87husky500xc Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2020 tx300i and a few vintage bikes
    Other Motorcycles:
    77 honda xr-75..
    Never go wrong buying any husky parts especially if you stick with em. Cause there WILL ALWAYS be another one in the garage (can't believe I'm up to seven of em) and there is good cross compatibility between a lot of them.
    RUF likes this.
  4. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    Never argue with fate, seize the moment, grab those parts. It's not a never ending supply I'm sure.

This thing of having an ownership of something before it happens always happens to me. I repaired my half brothers car it was a 63 Chevy impala s/s. I fixed the rear end. Something told me I was going to own it someday. Two months later it got stolen and they took the 409 engine. I bought the body.
    RUF likes this.