WEC Lovere Italia

Discussion in 'Racing' started by robertaccio, May 22, 2010.

1. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
  2. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    PS FYI anyone who doubts the speed of Taddy B ......he was right behind Meo on stage 1 for example and in front of many of the top name Enduro riders.
  3. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Aubert out after test 3 on day 1.......Meo takes 1st
    BIIIIIIIG points lead for Meo and Husky on day 1
    Yeah baby
  4. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Guiliame gets a 2nd and Knight gets 3rd.all while having a broken hand....Tough guy award for sure. We should get Seb on that Japanese game show when you get hit in the nuts....He will win for sure!

Bart had a problem after the 10th test ...BAH

Marko Tarkala gets 10th
  5. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Meo was killing 'em wasn't he? :applause: Seb, too. :applause:

Man, them dudes must fly.

I'd like to see them come over for the Ironman this year. That would be cool. :thumbsup:
  6. bigcahunak Husqvarna
    A Class

Seb was first by 18 secs till the 12th special where he probably crashed and lost the lead to Nambotin. Unless his misfortune at the beginning of the season, I bet he was running for the title. Meo is already a phenomenon!
  7. Husky Relic Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 511, 2012 TXC 310, 2013 TXC3
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW GS1200, Zero S, Zero DS, Zero FX
    I was at the event and the CH Racing team was phenomenal. Meo is amazing to watch and a real crowd favorite. To watch these guys just tear up an extreme special test that most mere humans can barely walk around is unbeleivable. Seb was totally on the gas on Day 1 but his injury and lack of time on the bike slowed him on Day 2 yet he still turned a phenomenal result.

Oblucki rode well as did Siestola. Taddy was super fast in the prologue, (extremely fast and everyone thought for sure he had it locked down until Meo left the gate). He was impressive as hell!!! Taddy's scores in the grass track were not so impressive.

My good buddy Fabrizio Azzalin has assembled an amazing team. I'm glad for him to see them be so successful.

As for Tarkala, he had hardly anytime on the bike before the start and was a last minute replaqcement for Juha. With no time to test he still turned some of his special test scores of the year. He had a few small problems in the extreme test including a tangle with a lapper that cost him a bunch of time which led to his final result.

The weather was spectacular and the setting was one of the most beautiful enduro settings I have ever seen. Now I can say I saw a World Enduro in the Mecca of the Italian Enduro World the Bergamomaister. Where else can you be strolling along a dirt trail from one test to another and bump into a legend like Alessandro Gritti, Franco Acerbis or Gio Sala, all of whom I saw and said "Hi" to. Gritti was my hero when I was doing Six days and Franco has always been a friend and supporter. And Gio and I did two Dakars together. What a day
  8. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Good weekend for Husky! Too bad Juha couldn't ride the 450, with his injury. I hope WEC (EWC now) can return to the US. Seeing the CH Husky Team and the whole circus at Hancock, NY in '06 and '07 was a real treat.:cheers:
  9. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    thanks for the on-site report Scot.

valle Bergamo zona is the cuore

can't wait for Juha to do the E2 show. sorry for Markos no prep time.

Meo has the amazing ability to connect with 2 different (very competive countries FR and IT) as a Frenchman with Italian background. Oh yeah and his speed is great!!!
  10. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

Do they show results for overall winners of all 3 classes? Just curious to see how Meo stacks up against EVERYONE. He is simply amazing and I hope he comes to the Everett Endurocross to race Taddy. I was surprised to see Taddy finish mid-pack.
  11. katfish52 Husqvarna
    B Class

WEC

yea I like the WEC to come back to the USA again. I was there in 06 & 07, and thats what got me back into off road riding. :applause:
  12. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    you can check all the transponder times to see speed
  13. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    From www.digitaloffroad.com
    Meo dominates Enduro 1 class at GP of Italy.....
    CH Racing Husqvarna team rider Antoine Meo now sits close to 30 points ahead of his closest rival at the head of the Enduro 1 world championship standings having claimed two class wins at the GP of Italy as well as seeing his closest championship rival Johnny Aubert fail to finish either day. Winning comfortably on day one and then again topping the class on day two Antoine claimed his second consecutive double class win of the season in fine style in Lovere, northern Italy. Joining Meo in securing a podium result at the Italian GP was Enduro 3 class rider Seb Guillaume. Finally able to put his early season hand injury behind him, Seb lead for much of the opening day before placing as runner-up to countryman Christophe Nambotin.

It was Antoine Meo who again gave the CH Racing Husqvarna squad most to celebrate at the team’s home round of the ’10 EWC series. Having held the upper hand in the E1 class since the start of the series Antoine was well aware that the GP of Italy would be one of the championship’s most important events. Winning the Friday night Super Test before going on to win Saturday’s opening test, Meo simply ran away from his class rivals and in winning a total of eight special tests placed close to two minutes ahead of eventual runner-up Eero Remes.

The E1 Podium on day one.
    On day two Meo was again the rider to beat as he quickly placed himself and his TE 250 at the top of the E1 class. Wanting to do enough to claim victory, but not wanting to take any unnecessary risks, Antoine’s winning margin was considerably less than on day one but importantly he claimed another 25 championship points. Also performing well in the Enduro 1 class was Finn Matti Seistola. Having improved his performances at each round of the championship so far, Matti challenged for a podium position on day one, a first in ’10. Although having a few difficulties with the extreme test the Finn nevertheless still managed to place fourth before going on to again finish as the first non-podium placing rider on day two. The team’s third E1 class rider Chris Hollis placed 14th and 11th over the two days.

Antoine Meo – Enduro 1: ‘It’s been a great race for me. Before I arrived I knew this would be an important race, maybe one of the most important races of the championship. It’s certainly turned out that way. With Johnny failing to finish the first day, and then not starting the second day, it has changed things in a massive way as far as the Enduro 1 championship goes. It’s not good to lose your closest rival but it’s good to know that I now have a good lead in the championship. Although I won on both days I didn’t feel like I rode as well as I could have done on day two. I made a few small mistakes, but generally things went well. With Johnny scoring no points on either day it puts me in a strange situation because unexpectedly I have a big lead in the championship now. But I will keep pushing hard to win races and hopefully everything will work out well.’

Matti Seistola – Enduro 1: ‘The first day was really good. My speed was better than at the first two rounds of the championship and I was fighting inside the top three, which I was really pleased with. I was running third going into the extreme test on the final lap where I got stuck on an uphill and lost the podium result. I finished fourth, which was good, but I need to find a little more to get onto the podium. Every race is getting better and better and I’m making less mistakes, but I still have to work on my extreme riding. But I’m really happy with my performances this weekend. My speed is good, I just need to continue improving on the extreme tests.’

Seb Guillaume showed on day one that he is all but over the hand injury that hampered his performances during the opening rounds of the ’10 EWC series. Setting some of the fastest E3 class special test times on day one Seb lead the class during the first two laps eventually placing a creditable second. With his hand injury having severely disrupted he training during the last two months, on day two Seb found it hard to match his day one pace. Continuing to push as hard as he could he finished the day fourth.

Bartosz Oblucki didn’t enjoy the best of races as the experienced Polish rider was credited with 16th on day one despite having been the fifth fastest rider in the E3 class. With a mix-up at a time control at the end of the day causing Oblucki to claim a worse result than he actually earned, day two didn’t bring any better fortune for Bartosz as a big crash mid way through the day resulted in him placing an eventual nine minutes behind the class winner.

Seb Guillaume Enduro 3: ‘The first day was really good for me. I was leading the Enduro 3 class after the first two laps and felt really good. But I had a big crash on the final enduro test, which bent my handlebars. Then I crashed again only a few corners later and the two mistakes cost me at least 30 seconds. I still managed to finish second but I was really pleased with that. The first lap on day two wasn’t too bad but I was really tired on the second lap. I wasn’t able to push as hard as I wanted to, but I managed to finish without any mistakes so I was happy. Now that my hand injury is ok I have to really work on my physical training, which I haven’t been able to do until now. Once I have better fitness I’m confident that I will be able to challenge for victory at the next races.’
    2010 Enduro World Championship
    Grand Prix of Italy – Day 1

Enduro 1
    1. Antoine Meo (CH Racing Husqvarna) 1.05:50.41; 2. Eero Remes (KTM) 1.07:33.80; 3. Cristobal Guerrero (Yamaha) 1.08:07.92; 4. Matti Seistola (CH Racing Husqvarna) 1.08:24.74; 5. Maurizio Micheluz (TM) 1.08:42.19; 6. Nicolas Deparrois (Kawasaki) 1.08:56.72; 7. Taddy Blazusiak (KTM) 1.09:13.50; 8. Julien Gauthier 1.09:40.89; 9. Jordan Curvalle (Sherco) 1.09:54.32; 10. Sebastien Bozzo (Husqvarna) 1.09:59.94… 14. Chris Hollis (CH Racing Husqvarna) 1.12:27.53;

Enduro 3
    1. Christophe Nambotin (Gas Gas) 1.06:17.74; 2. Seb Guillaume (CH Racing Husqvarna) 1.06:30.80; 3. David Knight (KTM) 1.06:33.09; 4. Simone Albergoni (KTM) 1.07:27.75; 5. Alessandro Botturi (Husaberg) 1.09:03.01; 6. Marcus Kehr (KTM) 1.09:13.82; 7. Aaron Bernardez (KTM) 1.09:52.26; 8. Michal Kadlecek (TM) 1.10:01.21; 9. Andrea Belotti (Gas Gas) 1.10:02.84; 10. Mirko Gritti (Beta) 1.10:20.39;

2010 Enduro World Championship
    Grand Prix of Italy – Day 2

Enduro 1
    1. Antoine Meo (CH Racing Husqvarna) 1.05:13.28; 2. Eero Remes (KTM) 1.05:37.03; 3. Cristobal Guerrero (Yamaha) 1.06:25.73; 4. Matti Seistola (CH Racing Husqvarna) 1.07:13.36; 5. Nicolas Deparrois (Kawasaki) 1.07:46.64; 6. Taddy Blazusiak (KTM) 1.07:53.20; 7. Sebastien Bozzo (Husqvarna) 1.08:31.43; 8. Julien Gauthier (Honda) 1.08:50.76; 9. Jordan Curvalle (Sherco) 1.09:52.38; 10. Adrien Metge (Honda) 1.10:18.22; 11. Chris Hollis (CH Racing Husqvarna) 1.10:51.43;

Enduro 3
    1. David Knight (KTM) 1.04:47.42; 2. Christophe Nambotin (Gas Gas) 1.04:56.60; 3. Simone Albergoni (KTM) 1.06:35.50; 4. Seb Guillaume (CH Racing Husqvarna) 1.06:40.73; 5. Marcus Kehr (KTM) 1.07:49.20; 6. Michal Kadlecek (TM) 1.07:52.66; 7. Alessandro Botturi (Husaberg) 1.08:05.87; 8. Aaron Bernardez (KTM) 1.08:16:52; 9. Mirko Gritti (Beta) 1.08:43.18; 10. Oskari Kantonen (KTM) 1.09:52.85… 16. Bartosz Oblucki (CH Racing Husqvarna) 1.13:11.91
  14. fury1 Husqvarna
    AA Class