We gotta work smarter...

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by Coffee, Jan 17, 2009.

1. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    In general times are not good and we all have to work smarter. Just a suggestion but.... If you are going on a regional ride where people will be coming in from out of town - think how you might utilize that travel.

For instance there is a Baja ride in Feb 2009. Some people from the PNW will be driving all the way to Baja. PNW is where Motosportz is - so now would be a great time to contact Motosportz and start shopping. My hunch is things like tires may not be cheap to ship.

I've talked to Anne at MotoXotica and shipping some things seems to add a large % of the cost of some items.

Same goes for the PNW guys thinking about some of Georges products - Now would be a good time to make arrangements with him.

You people that want products need to initiate things, Kelly & George are way too classy to start hawking wares on a group ride - but if things are pre-arranged my guess is they would be happy to help.

If you are going on a regional trip and stuff is in the garage that you don't plan on using - now would be a great time to put that in the classifieds.

These types of things would be good for any ride where people are traveling farther than normal - NE Husky gathering, MI ride, Hat Mac rides...

Make sense? Or am I just over thinking things again?
  2. ioneater Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 Sprint
    Sounds completely reasonable to me. If I can help facilitate any of the above for folks from PNW or SoCal during the Baja escapade, please feel free to contact myself or Fitness so we can make it happen. Caveat, I'm not a bank.
  3. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Absolutely not, all that needs to be arranged ahead of time.

Thanks guys!

Maybe we can start stirring up some business for some good people in our sport.