1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc WB 177 rips!

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Idacurt, May 20, 2017.

1. Idacurt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 WB177
    Other Motorcycles:
    Scorpa 175
    Today I got to do a 30 mile shake down run on my WB177 and it's awesome!
    At first I couldn't keep my wheel from breaking lose,so much addicting power on tap! once settled down I was doing trails 1-2 gears up from when it was a 165,it just tractors off the bottom end and then you're quickly in the power band with as much go juice as you desire.
    This was my first day and I told myself to just go easy but I had to try this one trail that is steep, tight switchbacks with log jumps,two miles all uphill!
    I usually make it once or twice in ten tries without falling,today I made it first try,the power was there at the critical times when before it was lacking and I failed,this mod definitely will make me a better rider.
    Thanks Walt for building a great motor,I'm more than pleased!

[IMG]
    woodsrider, Dirtdame, BenM and 8 others like this.
  2. gots_a_sol Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR177
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 250RR
    Welcome to the club :D
  3. Idacurt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 WB177
    Other Motorcycles:
    Scorpa 175
    Yeah I'm stoked! the first half hour or so was a little nerve wracking until I calmed down,so much power!
    johnnyboy and Dirtdame like this.
  4. jammerg23 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    2003 Honda CR 125
    I just bought a 2012 WR with the 177 Walt Kit and holy cow what an engine and what a bike!!! I feel like I have found THE perfect off road bike. I have a question for you though; did Walt advise on what type of pre-mix he recommends and what ratio? I have only ridden my bike once and cannot wait to get back out.

Jammerg23
  5. gots_a_sol Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR177
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 250RR
    He recommended Amsoil Dominator in the past when I had him work on a 165 top end. I run it at 40:1.
  6. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

I run a 50:50 mix of Amsoil Dominator/Interceptor. I mix at ~45:1 but I am a lugger. I run ~97 octane fuel. It is a mix and I like it and it is very stable. I think the best thing to do is to use a top quality oil and stick to it. Don't use a bunch of different types of oil, pick one you like and more importantly has a history of working well for others. Just because I like the full synthetics and have had excellent service from them doesn't mean that you have to use that oil. Just make sure you know the positives and negatives of an oil and mix and maintain your motor accordingly. Let's not start an oil thread! ;)
    lankydoug likes this.
  7. Idacurt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 WB177
    Other Motorcycles:
    Scorpa 175
    Amsoil Interceptor here,50:1,works great.
  8. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    Amsoil 50:1 in everything saws weedwackers bikes even 4t lawn mowers even the BRRRAP Van gets it if a bit sits around to long :thumbsup:
    JAM and 454x like this.