Was in bad accident, other driver at fault. Need new bike

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by Zante, Nov 1, 2016.

1. Zante Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1988 TE 510cc husky 4 stroke
    So I had owned a 1988 te 510 husky here at one point, I was on the road with my cbr 600 and someone cut me off, it was a 50mph hit, bLA BLA I'm lucky to be alive, I need a new bike though.

I've been wondering if any of the husky supermotos were good. Which ones, I was thinking of SMR 511 or maybe 701 supermoto. I like power and from what I understand 701 is restricted? There are 701's for great deals here in states. I'd find a nuda but they don't have them in USA :*(.

I'm not looking for crotch rockets. Just a fun supermoto. I really like the Husqvarna colors on these bikes. The husky 510 I had was the best feeling bike I rode out of the three I owned and figured Husqvarna kept up the good work. Any ideas? There is a Husqvarna TR 650 for 3 grand here. Like new with 13k miles. Should it be considered? thanks!
  2. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Sorry to hear about your accident. Good thing you came out ok.

If it were me, my choice would be the 701. Both the 511 and tr650 have been discontinued as I'm sure you know. The TR650 never came here in great numbers so finding parts or someone to tune it if needed isn't going to get any easier. The 511 is in the same boat.

Another option might be to find a cheap SM510. With SWM bringing that line of bikes back to life replacement parts should hopefully be easy to find.
  3. Zante Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    thanks! will look around. I would love a 701. Will look at SM 510 and some other bikes. Still waiting for insurance lol.
  4. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    Another vote for the 701, if you can find one.

Hope you escaped the get off without too much bodily harm. Happy shopping:cool:
  5. Zante Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    thanks and yeah, I got lucky doctors said I could have been killed but made off rather good concerning the type of wreck. figure if the BMW /husky dealer here has financing I could work out and pay it in a matter of 7 months or something. it would get some great use for sure
  6. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Just another person that agrees with 7602. 501 with sm wheels would be cool too!
    reveille likes this.
  7. Zante Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    cool! seen reviews on it and like what I see. don't like the tractor sound from engine though lol