1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

Warning, buying used parts online

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by Bigbill, Nov 21, 2016.

1. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    I see the sellers saying so many mistakes on their items.

Used cylinders.

Wrong year, they call a 79/81 250cc cylinder a 83/84? Go by the reed box. The 83/84 have the reed box built into the cylinder. The 79/81 reed box bolts on. The biggest difference is the base gasket is different the cylinders don't interchange. Husky also moved the cylinder studs farther apart on the 70's cases I'm not sure when. If your not sure what your looking to buy ask the guys here. Just be aware of the year mix up. Watch and check the bore/piston sizes. A lot of parts are way over priced. Look at the whole listing before buying. Farther down the list a item could be 75% less in cost. Be a smart shopper.

Needs to be bored but the size is it's on the last bore. It needs to be resleeved. Then it's priced over $200. Plus the sleeve installation.
  2. Eurofreak Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1986 TE 510, 1982 CR250, 2008 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    70's Triumph , Bultaco , Maico, etc
    this goes for anything online. Just purchased a rr wheel and brake hub. Pricing ranged for wheel only $300 to over 4100. Found hub and wheel together for $67 with shipping. Bunch of listing for $50-60 for hub only!
    Caveat emptor (buyer beware)!
  3. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    If you are talking ebay here I think their thinking is misleading sellers will be forced to take the thing back and pay return shipping. I know all the report this item things I have filed for mistakes, impossible to be for all the models etc never did anything except possibly helped the poor guy that bought it get a refund.

It isn't really any different than buying parts bikes 15 years ago, no sense arguing with the guy what it is. With registerable bikes often they have somehow got it registered as an earlier year for less taxes. Not really much less in the grand scheme of things. I think that reed block mentioned in post 1 goes back farther than that (1979) just a different part that goes to the carb.
  4. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    There calling the external bolt on reed block which for a 250 goes from '81 back to the '70's in some cases. They say it fits a 83/84 when it doesn't. The 83/84 take the square reed cage.

Sellers don't know what year there parts are from or what they fit. Buyer be aware.
  5. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

One of my favorites is they guys with the square voltage regulators trying to sell them as a CDI for 250-300 dollars. I mention to the seller that what they have is in fact a voltage regulator but they seem to prefer to bury their head in the sand and continue to try and sell. A few examples http://www.ebay.com/itm/1979-79-HUS...ash=item1c62d08cb2:g:tGEAAOSwoBtW3ZZI&vxp=mtr or this http://www.ebay.com/itm/1979-HUSQVA...ash=item27fc7b74a2:g:L00AAOSwv0tVGzUa&vxp=mtr The 300 dollar one is gone for now, I hope someone didn't buy it.
  6. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

proof there is more horses asses than horses
  7. visiteur1948 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husqvarna only
    $_12.JPG

france ebay 20 $ us:)
    s-l1600.jpg

usa ebay
    223 $ us !!:confused:
  8. suprize Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 400, bike in a box Moto Villa 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 300
    don't forget, in the great land of the stars and stripes, "there is a sucker born every minute" Now who said that??
  9. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Pfff. Happened to me on aftermarket parts, and was from a Husqvarna dealer who goes by the name of "Sledpartsguy" on E-bay, which is actually Hall's. He listed a brake caliper rebuild kit for an old bike of mine (not a Husky, but rather a 1986 KDX 200). The part number was mislisted, so the part ended up not being the correct application for my bike. I hadn't had time to get out to the garage right away so I didn't discover the mistake until a couple of weeks after the parts arrived. I had to pay shipping both ways, even though it was not my fault that I bought the wrong part. I sent him some messages via E-bay complaining about this, and letting him know which part number was actually the correct one for my application. This all fell on deaf ears. I will never do business with Hall's again. I would personally stay away from Sledpartsguy/Hall's if I were you. The customer service was atrocious. I don't care if they are a Cafe Husky sponsor. That somehow made it even worse.
  10. suprize Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 400, bike in a box Moto Villa 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 300
    :(:mad:

nothing worse!
  11. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    I prefer to say the south end of a north bound donkey.

I wish I had the room I'd start the biggest vintage, post vintage Husqvarna used parts yard on the planet.
  12. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    PT BARNUM of the circus said that.
  13. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    I'm lucky so far I recognize the parts. I can tell the difference between the cranks, cylinders, and cases.

Seller called a 430wr complete engine a 250 MP AUTO. Big freaking bore looking in the exhaust port pic can you say six speed?
    Seller called a 420 cylinder a 250. Big bore again.
    seller called a 390/360 crank a 250. I can build a 420cr now.

Great on my behalf. I knew what they were.

I see lots of older 125/175 parts and the one window piston 250 parts some are affordable. You need to weed out the higher priced stuff.
  14. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    I know the feeling I just ordered a box of Avon for the gals in the family ups ripped the box open. I missing one item. This was two weeks ago. Nothing received yet. They over stuffed a thinner cardboard box. I placed a $200 order.
  15. Kartwheel68 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 125XC, 250XC, 430XC, 430WR, 250CR
    Other Motorcycles:
    83 175WR , 76 250WR, 74 250 Mag
    That digidave guy is out of his mind with his prices, on everything, not just Husky parts.
    MotoFo likes this.
  16. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    Have you seen the cost on the frames lately?
  17. Kartwheel68 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Frames? The guy has a drain plug for a Husky for $45 and a Mikuni VM36-200 intake manifold that you can get $20 brand new for $218. He is out of his mind.
  18. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Haha my grandad always used to say 'the west end of an eastbound camel'
  19. street2dirt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 TXC310, WR300, 85 125WR, 82 175XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW G650X
    There's also some chevy guy selling a 92WXC350 owners manual for $135.00+. He actually started out at $175!!! Pretty funny stuff.....
  20. Kartwheel68 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I dont mind if someone has a pristine NOS part or some super rare part and they ask maybe more than its worth hoping someone might bite, but some of the junk you see on eBay with asking prices 200 times what its worth should make those sellers embarrassed.