1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Want to swith orange to Husky for 09

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by RIDER196, Aug 14, 2008.

1. RIDER196 Husqvarna
    B Class

I have been racing an 06 300XC since I bought the bike in March 06. I really like it and it is dialed in perfectly for me. I am a C rider, maybe B next year, do a lot of gncc's and local hare scrambles. I love the low end power and it never seems to stall, I am a big guy at 6'3" 225 lbs.

My dealer carries a lot of huskys and ktm's. I almost bought a 08 txc 450 but decided to wait for the 2009's.

Sounds like they will not be making the 310 in the txc.

Was wondering what opinions you all have on switching. Thanks,
  2. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    I would try a WR250 or WR300 before I went 4 stroke, as you like your 300.
    Norman
  3. RIDER196 Husqvarna
    B Class

I do like the 300 but I want to switch to a four stroke, will keep the 300 as well, thanks
  4. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

I would think a big guy like you would love a TXC 510.
    Of course the 450 would also work.

The 250 might be a bit small, especially if you rely on your 300's grunt.

Of course you could take a TXC250 and convert it to a 310, easy enough.

The '09's will be more expensive, and while there are some changes to the TXC's-its minor.

Go buy one this weekend, or maybe try for a discounted '08 in a few months, but thats a bit risky....

Go get a 450 or 510, break it in and race it.
  5. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I thought they were making a TXC 310?
  6. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husky has confirmed they are not making a TXC310.
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    The TXC450 is a VERY hard bike to beat. Just a nice balance all around with an outstanding motor.
  8. Chris M Husqvarna
    B Class

You could convert the TE310 into a TXC version pretty easily. Actually maybe better than a TXC, since the TE310 will come with EFI.
  9. BlipBlip! Husqvarna
    AA Class

If you want a closed course bike you cant beat the TXC 450 and it's a great all condition race bike.

The TE with EFI and electric start is a great bike also, but it's more Enduro, Trail Ride and Dual Sport focused.

If you're racing Hare Scrambles or GNCC style events then the carbureted TXC line is the way to go, because they just start quicker than an EFI bike because the EFI has a slight delay.... so if you're doing a dead engine start it's something that you should consider and no this isn't just a Husqvarna issue but an issue with all EFI dirt bikes including Suzuki RMZ450s

If you look at all the guys running Husqvarna 4 strokes in GNCC and World Enduro competition you'll notice that they all run carbureted bikes for the ease-of-use and familiarity issue.

Don't get me wrong EFI is the way to go... but it just depends on what you're going to be using the bike for.

And back to the original question the 450 is a great all around choice and that's what I would be going for if I was stepping off of a 300.

What do I ride? A TE450 of course and I'd be crazy to ever give up the electric start!

BlipBlip!
  10. Bobby Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TXC310Rx2,
    Other Motorcycles:
    G450X, HP2E, 10 R12ADV, GasGas280

I am 6'2" and 230 w/out gear and my TXC510 is a bit much. However in the KTM line the 525 is just enough. If I were to do it over again, I'd pick the TXC450 for competitive use, much less fatiguing in GNCC and east coast type riding. For dual sport or out west the 510 would be the ticket,......with a larger tank of course.
  11. Dieselox4 Husqvarna
    A Class

I have to agree with Mike Kay. going from a big hp 2t 300 to probably about 2/3 the hp in the 4t 310, (not knowing the exact hp of either) you will not see the performance you are looking for or use to for your size. I would think the TXC450 or TE450 would be the ones to suit you. The only thing you would have to get use to is the extra weight. which i dont think would be a big deal.

just my thoughts

mike
  12. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Just to be clear the TXC also has electric and kick start from the factory.
  13. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

Correct, and as stated there will be NO 09 TXC310.

You could buy the kit from Athena and be good to go if you really had to have a TXC310.
  14. Ruffus Husqvarna
    AA Class

Do the TE 250 & TXC 250 have the same cams\ head\ valves etc.??? If so getting the 310 kit would be a no brainer, if not. It may not be the same. Just a thought :cool:
  15. TripleW Husqvarna
    AA Class

I wondered that myself. Reports are that TXC has more Umph. I'd be willing to guess the TXC has a TC cam or cam timing. Someone on this site may know for sure. TW
  16. surfer1100 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR250, Memories of past tiddlers.
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM-01 EN 125, 03 125 MX, 09 EN 155
    The TXC does indeed have the TC cams, and the Athena kit has been used in both TE's and TC's with great success. If it works in both, no reason it wouldn't work in the TXC.
  17. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I have ridden most the displacements of TXC and TE models and the TXC have more snap and more overall power. The TE510 with PU feels about like my TXC450 with a tad more bottom. The TXC510 in comparison is a arm stretching beast.
  18. RIDER196 Husqvarna
    B Class

the txc 450 may be the way to go, I bought an 04 crf450 in 04 and hated it, I know its not the same... I wonder how heavy the txc450 will feel?

thanks for all the great responses!