WA folks-Anyone willing to show me around some single track?

Discussion in 'West - USA' started by marcmo0, Jun 3, 2015.

1. marcmo0 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ250
    Looking to get out and ride some new areas. Nachez, Mad Lake, Gifford, Mt Vernon or whatever that area is around there, etc. If anyone is gonna be headed out and wants a riding partner, let me know. easy and fast or techy and painful. Cheers!
  2. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    I'll be camping in Gifford 07-16 thru 07-19. I invited everyone I know, so hopefully it's a good turn out.
    Feel free to join. In fact, anyone reading this is invited.

I'm bringing both a DS and a trail bike, so I'll be ready for any type of ride.
    ray_ray likes this.
  3. marcmo0 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ250
    Thanks PC, Where do you typically camp at?
  4. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    Sorry... just saw this. I usually stage from the south since I'm in the Portland area, but I'm planning on camping at Cat Creek campground.
    BUT that is entirely dependent on if the FS lifts the no-use fire ban by then
    ray_ray likes this.
  5. marcmo0 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ250

I know. What a drag. Well, lets see how that plays out and keep me posted if you head out. Thanks PC
  6. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Cat creek? Great place and area .... Been there for about the last 6 yrs I was in the states .. Might be snow up just a little higher also this early ...

IF any rides the 294 trail in GPNF, Randal WA area, send out a pic or video ... That was one gnarly steep uphill ... We used it as a qualifier trail ... You had to ride it each new riding season before you were qualified to ride GPNF ...

[IMG]

http://www.fs.usda.gov/wps/portal/fsinternet/!ut/p/c4/04_SB8K8xLLM9MSSzPy8xBz9CP0os3gDfxMDT8MwRydLA1cj72BTJw8jAwjQL8h2VAQAzHJMsQ!!?ss=110603&ttype=recarea&recid=31230&actid=43&navtype=BROWSEBYSUBJECT&position=BROWSEBYSUBJECT&navid=110290000000000&pnavid=110000000000000&cid=null&pname=Gifford Pinchot National Forest - Cat Creek Campground

Mt St Helens is not too far to DS over also ...
  7. shrubitup Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '00 TE610 (pretty much a WXE610)
    Other Motorcycles:
    Husaberg FE450, KTM 200EXC, Triumph
    Place was snow free there prolly by April-ish this year. We had so little snow last winter and then it warmed up and quickly. June was HOT. GPNF shut down due to fire concerns (irrational fear of a hot header in dry grass off the side of a trail).
  8. shrubitup Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    July 25th I'm riding Northridge area of Taneum if you'd like to go. Looks like just a day trip. Doing Smugglers Run Poker Run at Capitol Forest on August 15. Welcome to join either day.
  9. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Saw a few pics of that Taneum area and it looks really rough and jagged ... Lots on the web written about that land area also ...

http://advrider.com/index.php?threa...tion-community-meeting.1070559/#post-26935931
    This looks like it is just happening

--
    Gotta be weird to have no snow up in GPNF as early as APR ... We'd be up then MID July and the creeks in the lower attitudes would be gusting full of water from the melts in the higher grounds ... Might be dust city up there now.
  10. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
  11. marcmo0 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ250

Hey Shrub. Sorry I missed you. been traveling for work and just saw your post. I actually rode North Ridge/ cliffy to quarts and then down and back around to little creek last weekend with another buddy on Sunday. I rode out of Greenwater over to Nachez on Sat. I have to head out of town next week for a tradeshow, so the next 2 weekends I am not able to ride:(. But it would be great to get out and burn some gas together. I will PM you when I get back. And, did you also own a yz 250 by chance? I had one for a while and there was a guy on Thumpertalk that I was talking to over lighting for that bike and I am wondering if that was you. That would be a crazy coincidence. Anyway, thanks for the invite. Sorry I missed it.
  12. shrubitup Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    We can burn fuel another time. Ya I had three yz250s before lol. At this point a li ion battery and led light bar
    would prolly work great.
  13. marcmo0 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ250

Ha! I bet that was you on that forum too.... Small world. I will drop you a line in a few weeks or so when my schedule settles down a bit and hopefully we can get out. Have a good one!
  14. Gabethesvg420 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TC510
    shoot me a message some time! im always up for a ride. Live over here on the west side ,but grew up over in yakima so am pretty familiar with a few cool places around here and over there.
  15. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I can't believe it says you can have a campfire but not ride a dirt bike. I know a lot of forest fires come from camp fires but have never seen one from a dirt bike. It is a lot like saying go ahead and play with matches and gasoline but put the bow drill down. Definitely WTF :thumbsdown:
  16. buttstock Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Husky Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 GasGas 300XC, 2002 Rokon
    Welcome to The Peoples Republic of Washington, no insults to Washington Riders, just the dum-o-cracts that have infected the state. Unfortunately the dum-o-crats in Oregun can be bought as cheaply
  17. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Little weird on the campfires but I'm aware of what the states thinks of bikes and it is not my call ...Hard to grasp no snow up there months ahead of all the yrs I rode there.

--

Butt ... U better head south if it is that bad ... AR, MS, TN for starters... Think you can handle that? I'm from AR and lived in WA and now Cebu :) .. Went past south a few times and ended up in LA. Not Los Angeles. Not Lower Arkansas but Louisiana ... I was pretty OK with most people across our country, including the east coast when I was there in the army. Southern people might tell U something you don't wanna here from time to time so be ready when you arrive.
  18. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Ridaho is the answer.
  19. shrubitup Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I rode up in B.C. this weekend. Only 100 miles from Everett. Very nice. Not closed or on fire. :thumbsup: Will update when I have the pics.