Wössner 100mm piston

Discussion in '610/630' started by ASO, Jul 26, 2012.

1. ASO Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610-08 WR300-10
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 65sx
    I just buy Wössner 100mm piston and cylinder for my te 610 ie 2008 from Motosupplies, England.

Here some pic's. Pistons doesn't look right compared to orginal piston. They are connected with wrist pin side by side and wössner's deck is about 2,7mm lower. What do you think about that?

Attached Files:

2. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Different design of dome would make the difference, maybe. The dome is the same height as the top of the other piston.
  3. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    Single ring, domed piston. Looks like fun!
    The skirt, oil ring, lower compression ring and dome all line up. It'll create a boom, but it may not compliment a stock motor. Or it may turn it into a ripper.

I know I was no help :cheers:
  4. ASO Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610-08 WR300-10
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 65sx
    HTM Racing 98mm piston (left) and Wössner 100mm. HTM Racing piston performs very well.

Attached Files:

5. ASO Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610-08 WR300-10
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 65sx
    I made a few quick measurements, wössner squish band clearance is about 4mm, way too much. HTM Racing squish band is about 1mm what is correct.
  6. ASO Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610-08 WR300-10
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 65sx
  7. Gav Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    GSXR 600 SRAD:Sold ZXR 400 H2:Sold
    What did you decide to go for in the end ?
    Just interested in whether an oversized piston would be the way to go when the time comes to rebuild the engine.
  8. ASO Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610-08 WR300-10
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 65sx
    Dunno yet. I'm looking for more power, not rebuild. If you looking 100mm piston with long life, go for GW racing http://www.gw-racing-parts.de/index2.php?view=tuning&HID=17&type=TE/TC 610&von=1991&bis=2003&lan=en and use piston with 2 comp rings 1 oil ring (3 rings) and be sure the compression height is 28mm, near as orginal is. If you want more power, HTM Racing is very good choice.

I buy that wössner piston with 100mm bore cylinder and I'm planning to shortened it 3mm, then it's ok for me.
  9. ASO Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610-08 WR300-10
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 65sx
  10. Gav Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    GSXR 600 SRAD:Sold ZXR 400 H2:Sold
    Keep me updated with your results, Sounds interesting!

What mileage have you got on the current engine and what other work are you doing while replacing the Piston.
    Changing the Main bearings, Crank etc ?
  11. ASO Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610-08 WR300-10
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 65sx
    10000km/6300 mile now. Only bigger piston and more compression now , I have already racing cam, ported head, hi-comp piston and full GPR titanium exhaust and pc5.

If I shortened cylinder it will make cam chain bit too loose. 4mm longer stroke is maybe another option, look that thread at #23

http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?45908-smr570
  12. ASO Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610-08 WR300-10
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 65sx
  13. ASO Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610-08 WR300-10
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 65sx
    I ordered HTM Racing 100mm piston and it's works great! Much more compression rate than Wössner have.

I have now stock cam instead racing cam and its give nice board torque range. Maybe later I put racing cam back.. dunno yet.
  14. gregjune Husqvarna
    C Class

Looked into HTM racing, they have a true 660cc kit for the "630". Looks pretty interesting, longer stroke from 76mm to 84mm and maybe a high compression piston. Definitely wont help in the vibration department but looks like fun. Site is in italian with translation issues. Anybody know of a HTM distibuter for the US?

[IMG]
  15. ASO Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610-08 WR300-10
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 65sx
    This kit is only for older kick start model. Paolo from HTM Racing will tell you more.

16. larry belli Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    06 SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    09 Triumph Street Triple & HD XL883
    I have a 98mm 12:1 Fast by Ferracci piston & cam in my SM610. Dyno 56.20hp. Runs awesome!
  17. spondonste Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Spondon GSXR1216, GSXR1000K5, CBR600
    I know that this is resuscitating a rather old thread but Wossner make 2 different 'high' compression pistons for the SM610 and these are (as far as I can tell) for different model years. One has a flat crown with the gudgeon pin a bit higher than 2006 SM610 piston. The other has the gudgeon pin at the same height to the crown as 2006 stock pistons but with a raised section in the centre of the piston. This piston has a code of 8913DA 39714.