1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

Vintage Enduro Returns to McKee's Sky Ranch

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by Richard Colahan, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Richard Colahan Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    71 250 Cross, 74 125WR, 75 250WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    Vintage British bikes, 1969 Penton
    On Saturday July 29th, Tom and Debbie McKee will host the 2nd AHRMA Mountaineer Vintage Enduro at their Sky Ranch in Terra Alta WV, a round of the 2017 John Penton / Preston Petty National Cross Country Series.

Leading the field on number 1A will be 2017 Grand Marshal and defending Grand Champion Fred Hoess. After completing a 25 year ISDT/ISDE career with a world record 19 Gold Medals, Fred returned to Spain in 2016 to enter and win the first FIM Vintage Enduro held in conjunction with the ISDE riding a 1986 Husqvarna XC250.

The Vintage Enduro will again be a traditional “time-keeping” Enduro with a few speed average changes, mileage resets to assist late riders get back on time, and a 30 minute gas stop/ rest break about half way through. Secret check points will be located to keep the riders honest and keeping track of their mileage and time. Each rider will receive a route / time / distance sheet that will have the mileage and time due for every possible checkpoint listed on it. But please!!! Absolutely NO modern Enduro computers or Countdown devices…old school time-keeping only!

Note that bikes DO NOT need to be street legal…license plates, lights, horn, etc. are NOT required.

The trail crew says the layout will be similar to last year with about 65 ground miles. The goal will again be to take a few points from the fast riders, but to allow for a high percentage of finishers, even for those on Premier and Classic bikes. Full event details as well as the AHRMA Vintage Enduro Rules are available on the AHRMA web site Cross Country Schedule section.
  2. Eurofreak Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1986 TE 510, 1982 CR250, 2008 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    70's Triumph , Bultaco , Maico, etc
    I'm in! Sounds like a lot of fun:banana:
  3. vintagecs Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '78 390OR, '76 360 Auto, '74 125SC
    Other Motorcycles:
    Penton, Yamaha
    Me too, it will be my first event after thumb surgery March 9 and first event of the year. Check your jetting!
  4. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    Without going to the website and reading the rules what does traditional timekeeping mean. AMA or brand x? If you get a new time as you fall back at each check is brand x. AMA I think you try and get back to your original minute somehow, never entered too many of them.

"Each rider will receive a route / time / distance sheet that will have the mileage and time due for every possible checkpoint listed on it" This is for someone on minute zero isn't it not what a rider is actually on?

That is about as far east as one can get in West Virginia.

How many riders per minute? How many rows last year? I guess they do not put the real fast guys starting on minute 5.
  5. Eurofreak Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Brand X is usually New England- I'm sure it's old AMA.
    You and the check crew adjust the time to your row. if your on minute 20 and you hit minute 22 you lose two minutes or points. You have to make up those two minutes until there is a reset. Resets allow you to make up lost minutes or take a break if you're on time.
    Four riders per row is typical. Your minute you are depends on how they set it up. Usually they just fill up rows as the entries come in. Enter with someone or three others and fill a row. then you ride with people you know and can tag along.
  6. Richard Colahan Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:

The route/time sheet provided has the time for minute zero. Each rider uses that when they pre-set their clock to read exactly 00:00 when their row starts.
    We had about 95 entries last year...there is a 180 rider entry limit this year. 3 riders per row.
    AHRMA Enduro Rules are based on AMA rules...get back to your original minute. We use mileage resets to allow late riders to get back on time and avoid speeding on public roads.
    Take a few minutes to read over the rules. And there is a Time Keeping Basics seminar the evening before the Enduro.
    Give it a try!
  7. Houredout401 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '77 CR250 '78WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    '76MR250 '83IT250 '84 IT490 '69CT70
    Man I would love to make this trip!
  8. Richard Colahan Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Consider a vacation! Interstate Hwy most of the way...
    It is a beautiful area with plenty of activity.
    Stay at Alpine Lake or the larger Deep Creek Lake.
    Ride the enduro Saturday, and either the Vintage XC on Friday or the Post-Vintage XC on Sunday...or all 3!
  9. disonny Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    73 360 wr/rt, 75 wr250 78 cr250,
    Other Motorcycles:
    83 wr250, 84 wr400
    Round 1: McKee's Sky Ranch, Sat 7/29
    AHRMA National XC Series
    Old School Timekeeping Enduro

Rounds 2 & 3: King Ferry NY, 8/12 & 8/13.
    AHRMA Northeast Regional
    2 day Start Control Enduro, no Timekeeping required

Rounds 4 & 5: Bear Creek Sportsmen, Hancock NY, 9/9 & 9/10.
    AHRMA National XC Series
    2 day ISDT Qualifier style Enduro, no Timekeeping required

All events will be open to non-licensed, non street-legal Vintage and Post-Vintage bikes.

Year end awards will be based on the rider's best 4 scores.
  10. Eurofreak Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Bring a Husky and an IT. I hope to make it a 4 day weekend, maybe even 5 :cool:
  11. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

sure...I will come back.....see if I can break into top ten overall again this year. Very fun event. (except when there was like 100....really 100 quads and side by sides on the trail....was in a transfer section but holy smokes we were like get the hell out of the way!!!)