1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

Vintage apparel, your input wanted...

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by Motosportz, Mar 6, 2009.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    A friend is developing a line of vintage apparel. Really nice stuff and based on a name from the past (to be public later) He would like input and this is your opportunity as vintage husky enthusiasts to have some say in the direction.

Whatcha got?
  2. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

I like the retro look as long as it isn't tight like the clothes used to be and there is a full length pant option...no nut huggers! Basically, it would be a modern version/take on retro outfits with similar color schemes and graphics (only larger), but more refined...not the actual ones that George wears! Actually, he had some really nice new boots that he didn't like! :D Also, the jersey cannot be made out of old school cotton...only technical fabrics that are stretchy, breath well and dry even faster!

David
  3. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Whose got a old Husky Products catalog to scan?. That old blue yellow white stuff rocked.
  4. mcinfantry Husqvarna
    B Class

ill buy some
  5. rajobigguy Administrator

Does this mean that the old "safety Orange" fleece sweat shirts that everyone wore in the late 60's/ early 70's are going to be available again?:applause:
  6. hawaii-rider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2018 TC250, 2015 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    04 CRF-270x, 95 CR500, 93 CR250 etc
    Kelly
    I have quite the collection of old \MXA\Dirt Bike\Dirt Rider mags
    late 70s and 80s
    \everything from the disco pink nasty to the skin tight what are you kidding me of the 80-81 era....
    damn......like lycra.

If I can scan any of the pages in, from Answer, JT, HRP, MS Racing, thorsten Hallman...ahh the list can go on....let me know.

HR
    :cool:
    :usa:
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Good stuff guys, keep it coming. :thumbsup:
  8. schimmelaw Husqvarna
    AA Class

Motosportz,
    Multiple color choices. I would love to see some original Husky stuff in something other than the blue and yellow which was so prevalent in the late 70's thru early 80's.
    I always loved the "flag" jersey Lackey wore and the "Husky Crown" jersey Mikola wore. TIMELESS!
    Rick

Oh - i'm in for some kind of coooooool retro jersey.
  9. 2whlrcr Husqvarna
    A Class

10. schimmelaw Husqvarna
    AA Class

Mid 70's?
    As a young teenager at that time - riding gear I coveted.
    Bell helmet of some sort. Duck bill visor. Carrera (?) thin strap goggles. Brown goat skin gloves w/ black "piping" on back for protection. Real "leathers" w/ padded knees. Full Bore boots. Husky flag jersey. No socks extended and folded over? What? Still, a full "factory" look for the time!

Let's not forget about the bike -- a teenagers wet-dream
  11. 2whlrcr Husqvarna
    A Class

Bingo. Photo taken in 1975. I'm 19 on my 1974 WR125. Bell RT helmet, Carrera goggles, Husky flag jersey, goat skin gloves with piping, pants were denim with sew-in padding and Sidi Full Bores.

I would buy gear like this again. Especially the Flag jersey. Most people are aware, Sidi has remanufactured the Full Bores and Alpinstars the Hi Points. I have seen the old style gloves for sale too. Bell makes an open face helmet, not sure on the duck bill. I have looked for Carrera style goggles and can't find them. And I haven't seen nice looking vintage style Husky pants or jerseys I like.
  12. luvwoods Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'm sure you've all seen what Metro has for clothing. The Jersey designs are okay, but nothing I would buy, plus they all seem to be cotton. The pants however have a pretty cool look to them. As for me, I'd say retro in looks only but made with modern materials. Also, what about riding pants that go over the boot that don't zip off at the knee and will actually not rip when you mow through brambles.