Video Golden Tyre Test

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by ajaxauto, Mar 14, 2015.

1. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Here is a video where I went for a Test Ride with a Golden Tyre 523 Rocky on the rear and a
    Golden Tyre 216AA Fatty in the front. Did a little of everything some rocks, then some sand washes then some softer hills with sand and rocks. The rear tire worked great and the front tire is perfect for every where

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbOsova1bPM
    Kam1, Norman Foley and wallybean like this.
  2. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    is your rocky plane or kevlar? did you get from Ty?
  3. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I do not see anywhere on it that it says Kevlar it sure works good so far Ty told me he has 5 Rocky in stock and 175 216AA Fatty due in a few days so far I have tried the 216 sticky ,the 333 dominator and now the Rocky on the rear
  4. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

5. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    In stock at ZipTy? Wishful thinking sadly...
  6. JasonMF Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    14 CR 165
    Other Motorcycles:
    03' Ducati MTS 1000, 12' Ducati 848
    Ajax, what moose are running in front and rear?
  7. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Front mousse is a michlien 90/100/21 cut and then about 6 inches from another mousse added the rear I run a michlien 100/100/18 in a 110/100/18 tire starts off a little bit softer the tire I use to use in the rear was a Dunlop mx51 110/100 18 the 523 rocky is a little bit smaller then the Dunlop even thou it listed as the same size by the numbers you can use a 110/100 18 mouse it will just be a bit harder for a few rides

Now the big must is use a lot of Enforce tire soap as mush as you can stuff in there and the mouse will last a long time Zip Ty sells the soap it is cheap I do not use the lube that comes with the mousse
    Tire soap is water base and cleans up easy and is better the lube supplied with the mousse is petroleum base and is a mess to work with
    JasonMF likes this.
  8. JasonMF Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    14 CR 165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanks for info!
  9. JasonMF Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    14 CR 165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Should have my GT fatty next week!
  10. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

You are going to love it Since you are in San Diego Think about coming to Johnson Valley April 26 for the Nationals. Mr Huskynoobe is now a addit with no cure so come race with us Heck drag Robert up with you
  11. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Just got my next set of Golden Tyres today Yes I finally wore one out you have to love the 216 up front with a 523 in the rear Here is a another reason why

1 Last weekend I raced my Husky 300 in Snowville Utha with a 216 fatty up front and a 523 in the rear
    2 This weeken I will do Last Dog standing at Glen Helen on a Husky 250 same tyre set up to qualify on round 1. Then will use a 216 sticky on the rear for the harder rd 2
    3 Then the following weekend is the Big Bear extream 200 miles of all hard ways trails. Where I will run the Dot Legal 216 fatty up front and a Dot legal 523 in the rear. I will ride my husky 510

So you have 3 different events on 3 different Husky. BUT all 3 events and all 3 bikes will run the same tyre.

Where can you find a tyre that performances like that Stay tuned for the results

Yes Zip Ty just got in a another order Plus another order is on the way.
    wallybean likes this.
  12. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Sport Classic / Ducati Multi.
    Are you running a stock rim in front or a wider one?
  13. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Stock rim
  14. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Saw 2 523 rears at ZTR today. If I had the extra money I would've grabbed one. Was nice to see a big stack a fatties when I picked mine up today. Get em while they're hot folks, otherwise it appears you'll have to wait about a month and a half for the next bunch.