Very nice pull only quick turn throttle for under 50$! 449/511

Discussion in 'Super Moto' started by huskylove, Apr 29, 2014.

1. huskylove Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 cr125 in progress
    Its nice to have a very expensive ducati sitting next to your husky :)

I tried installing the g2 throttle, and with the 050 cam....it was lackluster results, throttle response was maybe 10% less turn to "open". With the bearing, tube, and 025 cam it was like 100+$.

I spent 3 hours modifying my throttle to fit the fastest turn cam. I then had trouble with the push cable and slow return of the throttle. So I removed the push cable.

THIS IS WHEN I GOT VERY FRUSTRATED.

Once removed I could PUSH the throttle forward the cable would wrap around and pull the throttle open that direction also!!! WTF! It says in the instructions to modify the throttle housing stop or REMOVE IT COMPLETELY. Well...that's a problem.

At this point I think I broke something and threw the throttle, 2 cables, and g2 tube in the bin.

Loving the way my hypermotard throttle is....I slid it off its bars, and proceeded to install it onto the husky. Thankfully it is also a domino throttle :-)!

I had to run the cable slightly awkwardly but it does not bind and look at the response!!!

I ordered a ebay throttle assembly and cable from a used bike for 50$ to go back on my hypermotard. Any ducati 1100 EVO! pull only throttle will work but only the hypermotard cable is long enough to work so far.

Onto pics!

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. R. Stephen Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I have G2 Quick turns on my TC449 and My TXC511 love them both. Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with them. Mine have been bullet proof for years. KTM and Husky use the same tube.
  3. huskylove Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 cr125 in progress
    It wasn't that bad, it simply could not fit the 025 cam and I was still getting a bit of arm pump from going wide open so much. This is infinitely better. I wish you were closer to see for yourself.

I also ordered a quicker domino pull only I will try out. This throttle snaps open and closed so fast now its crazy!
  4. R. Stephen Husqvarna
    Pro Class

yeah the quick turn is too much for me in the dirt but fom my ice bike and Supermoto they are awesome and a must have.
  5. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    I need like an extra long turn, haha.
  6. huskylove Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 cr125 in progress
    In the dirt quick turn would have killed me a few times :P

That said, on the road the quick turn is a life saver. Cant wait to get enough money for the proper quick shifter unit.
  7. huskylove Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 cr125 in progress
  8. TomGlander Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE 511
    I ordered the G2 with the bearing for the bar end. Love it. Works great, is about a quarter turn. Really works great. It wasn't cheap. Very well made. Worth the money to me.
  9. huskylove Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 cr125 in progress
    The g2 with 050 cam was not much of a reduction over stock for me. I did the same spent the money for the bearing and all that...the 025 cam didnt fit in my throttle tube, then when modified just didnt workout.

I am glad it worked for ya, but I am picky on my controls.
  10. TomGlander Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE 511
    Frankly, I was worried that things wouldn't fit. But when I got everything and it all fit, I was glad. It's better than stock, but I do agree, not that much different as for the quickness of the throttle, but a little bit different. It's much more stable with no sloppy rattling and whatnot. It's good to be picky about your stuff. I know I certainly am, often buying something only to return it because it wasn't exactly what I needed. I often buy things twice trying to get what really works well. I fault this forum for my spending so much money on my bike, too. ;) :D
  11. Hughisdaft Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 SMR 449
    Finding it almost imposible to find any used hypermotard fast action throttles here in australia, and any aftermarket ones are $250 plus, forgive me if I am wrong but is this the domino pull only you were talking about ?

Part No: UNIVSCT
    http://dominogrips.com/prodDetail.asp?ID=2773
  12. huskylove Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 cr125 in progress
    That appears to be the one I purchased....look on belisimoto website I ordered it from them. I should mention you must grind the locating pin off the throttle and take extreme care when tightening or they will crack.....I cracked my new one on the husky.....not a big deal but annoying.
  13. huskylove Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 cr125 in progress
    Also this helped with arm pump but what also helped was rotating the bars rearward and then adjusting the brake lever way closer to the bars. Now all day at the kart track and I'm still good, but after 6-7 laps my arms fatigue but both evenly not just one arm from twisting the throttle.
  14. Ryan T. Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 SMR 510
    Do you guys know if there is a direct bolt on quick turn for the smr 510?
  15. BR1 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMS 125 MY2010, SMR 449 MY2011
    I recently bought a Domino Quick Turn KRE03, but it doesn't fit, the stock cable is too short...
    Can someone help me finding a compatible quick turn?
  16. huskylove Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 cr125 in progress
    again, i only have exp. with what i used. 550 miles on it and its fantastic!
  17. BR1 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMS 125 MY2010, SMR 449 MY2011
    Do you have the kit with three different cams? Or only the G2 Quick turn tube? Which is the "quickest" cam compatible with our stock throttle?