Vantage Washington

Discussion in 'West - USA' started by Aaron platt, Feb 11, 2015.

1. Aaron platt Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TX300, 17 FE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    16 Beta EVO 300
    I drove through Vantage today and noticed some trails all over the hillside. Who else rides up there? I'm going to try and make it back up there with my bike before it gets dusty.
  2. wannab Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE 501
    Other Motorcycles:
    yz250f. klx140l.
    East or west side of the river?
  3. Aaron platt Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TX300, 17 FE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    16 Beta EVO 300
    Everything I saw was on the east side of the river.
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Mattawa ride area. Its OK. Not a ton there and not laid out well. Odd terrain.
  5. Aaron platt Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TX300, 17 FE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    16 Beta EVO 300
    What's on the west side of the river?
  6. Auto5guy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WB165, 2004 WB165, 1984 wr400
    Other Motorcycles:
    1978 Maico 400, 1974 Penton 400
    Aaron platt likes this.
  7. wannab Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE 501
    Other Motorcycles:
    yz250f. klx140l.
    Anything on the west side of the river I think is private. The stuff on the east side of the river I'm not sure how to get to but I think the trail goes up by the horses that you look At the viewpoint . It made tie into some private land as well . There's some trails a little further south past Mattawa staging areas off of road R. private landowners are tightening up the boundaries on that area as well . Check out the poker run that Fringe MC is putting on . Pretty sandy loop but 25 miles I think. A lot of whoops. It's a two day event and I think they have an Enduro cross to. I know that's not very helpful but that's what I know about the area.
    Aaron platt likes this.
  8. brentk660 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 txc310r
    We rode there yesterday. Put in a good 40 miles between Beverley and almost George. Nice 60 degrees all day with wet dirt. Couldnt ask for better February riding. Just a word of caution, where we parked (and where we've parked for years) to my knowledge is federal land. I have looked on the grant county parcel maps multiple times just to cover ourselves. There are zero signs or gates and the area is clearly used to stage out of. Northeast of this area is the Fringe MC club property where they do the poker run. We skirt this private land by sticking along the highway easment and back to public land. We got back to the trucks Sunday to find " U R tresspassing, next time impound"notes written on the club's flyers on the windows. To my knowledge we were in a legal area. If it is private property, a sign at the road leaving the highway would go along way. Just a word of caution if you venture that way.

IMAG0266.jpg IMAG0268.jpg
    IMAG0269.jpg
    shrubitup and Aaron platt like this.
  9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    WOW, nice of a club to try to keep people out. WTF.
    shrubitup likes this.
  10. brentk660 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 txc310r
    We were a little puzzled too. Why would you leave a threatening note on the back of YOUR CLUBS FLYER for an event you're trying to promote. This isn't the first run in with that club either, Google " fringe mc property" and a couple threads come up about their members.
  11. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    If i were you I'd contact them and find out whats up and where they suggest parking.
  12. Russ Henry Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TXC 310
    I rode that poker run a couple years ago. The whole course was whooped out!
    If you know who to ride with there is a lot of great trail riding available in the Mattawa area.
    A group went over their a couple Saturday's ago and had a great time
  13. brentk660 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 txc310r
    We've ridden mattawa many times and know it pretty well. We just did a day there 3 weeks ago and had a blast. We tend to trade off between the two, atleast until it gets dusty and we can get up in the hills. Vantage has some hidden gems too, we tend to avoid the poker run course at all costs, the whoops just plain suck. But there's some awesome chocolate dirt single track along the rims if you know where to look, and some fun hillclimbs.