Vancouver Bike Show

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by HuskyDude, Jan 25, 2009.

1. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    Well I went to the Vancouver show on Friday with some Trials buddies.
    Got there around 11am. So we saw the Endurocross. This event was put on (sponsored) by KTM. The track was very short which made the Trials bikes very competitive against the enduros. . The event was very modified with staggered starts and limited passing. There was a Bus, angle wood wall, log jam, bundles of logs, a tire pit, firewood pit and a 3 ft. stack of tractor tires. It was more for the spectator.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    On with the show.
    Manufacturers from Japan and Korea to Germany and the US of A were on hand, showing off their latest and greatest bikes.
    And lots of Scooters
    The show it self was ok. I’d say for every off road machine there were 35 Harleys’ or Harley wanna be’s.
    [IMG]
    Attendance was down this year by lots and the crowd seemed a bit older this year.
    My favorite was...
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Talked and meet lots of people from all over and had a great time.

[IMG]

All in all, A good Show.
  2. Wetdog Husqvarna
    AA Class

I gotta start paying attention, I didn't see those Amsoil girls. :banghead:

I wasn't overly impressed with the endurocross track either. I guess that what happens when it's built by the dualsport guys.

I do have the itch for a new streetbike now, not that I've time to ride it much.

Bike show's are great for getting through the winter months but that's about it.
  3. North Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te610
    Other Motorcycles:
    530 ktm 1200GS
    I thought the track at the show was pretty cool.:thumbsup: But then, I am a Dualsport guy.:D
  4. Wetdog Husqvarna
    AA Class

Please don't get me wrong... kudo's to DSBC for putting in a huge amount of effort building the track but for the better rider's that I saw it seemed to easy. Last year they had a hairpin or two so some passing took place other than "mistake's in the logs" by the front runners. I suppose for what it is - a demonstration- it was good and I doubt anyone broke both wrists like last years final race on Sunday.
  5. North Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te610
    Other Motorcycles:
    530 ktm 1200GS
    I know what you mean.:thumbsup:

I remember the broken wrists from last year.
  6. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
  7. Wetdog Husqvarna
    AA Class

A+ for linkage Dude. :thumbsup:
  8. Wetdog Husqvarna
    AA Class

That Ducati Motard has Windy Ridge written all over it. For the rest of the roads in these parts I'd be all over the new Ducati Streetfighter. They had one at the Seattle show and it looks even better in person than the pics online.
    Why is it that like dreaming about things that I won't be buying anytime soon?
  9. Muddy Waters Husqvarna
    AA Class

I dig your shirt HuskyDude!
    Isn't it a limited edition, highly collectible, only a handful in the whole wide world tee shirt? :D

Got more bike pics?
    :thumbsup:
  10. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold

:D

Nice! One of the rare black ones! :thumbsup:
  11. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    Here's a couple more pics from the show.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  12. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    Whoa! Nice looking GasGas:thumbsup: I'm not a big fan of their 4-strokes, but that thing is pretty sweet! I dig the rear brake mc guard with the window in it so you can see the reservoir. I wonder why they call it an EC and not an FSE :confused:

The Scorpa is pretty neat-o, too. Is that the Long Ride? That would be a good bike for me for riding the super-nasty. Too bad it isn't a 2-stroke...

Thanks for the photos!

WoodsChick