1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

valve cover wear

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by nep2012, Oct 11, 2014.

1. nep2012 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 te 310
    While taking my valve cover off today for an adjustment I noticed a wear mark where the fuel line comes off the fuel cock on my 2012 te 310. It sits on the valve cover and I guess from vibration it has worn a groove in my valve cover, more than I am comfortable with. Seems to be a lot of pressure because of the angle of the fuel line and really no other other alternate route to run the fuel line. Put some telescopic black plastic around fuel line but am afraid if the rubber fuel live wore the aluminum on the valve cover so will the black plastic tubing. Anybody experience this.
  2. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Sport Classic / Ducati Multi.
    I simply have rub/vibration/scuff marks from the sheath but yours sounds like a bit more. I would suggest careful routing as you can when reinstalling but also consider how you are spacing the tank if you are. Some use one of Zip Ty's 5mm spacers all around or just in front. I prefer to use (3) 2mm steel 1/2 in. ID spacers for a 6mm lift instead just in front (along with the stock rubber washer that gets compressed on tightening and use some Blue Loctitite too on the screw). The reason I prefer just in front is 1) It keeps the rear of the tank solid on the frame and the seat fitting well and aligns the side panels best. The 3 shims allow the front right shroud to just catch the slotted tank side cover. 2) Most important is the lift in front alone aims the petcock barb upward so it gains lift as it extends towards the valve cover. Also raises the tank nicely over the radiator hose along with use of a 3mm button head screw. I know this can be almost splitting hairs but every mm helps with the tight clearances.

Hardened Steel washers from Ace Hardware = 2 mm.. You can fine tune your fit to suit more easily.

[IMG]
  3. nep2012 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 te 310
    thanks for the info I will definitely give it a try.
  4. Jrockrat Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310r
    Other Motorcycles:
    xt225 and Dl650
    I just recently got a 2013 te310r with about 850 miles on it and as I took things apart to install radiator guards I noticed this issue. :(
    [IMG]

I'm thinking about running a new longer fuel line that goes up over that hose that is running down the middle of the picture. I figure that would keep it off the head. Anyone see any issues with doing this?
    I'm also going to have to do something about the bolt head on the fuel pump rubbing the coolant line in the picture. Glad I'm finding this stuff now rather than after an issue on the trail.
  5. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Sport Classic / Ducati Multi.