V16 MOSS TOOL Update session screen shots

Discussion in 'TR650' started by kiwiape, Jun 14, 2014.

1. kiwiape Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia DD750
    Hi Guys

The BMW MOSS TOOL is not a straight forward piece of software and V14 is much different to V16.

BMW have no formal training in the use of, so you have to bash your way through it and hope.

While it appears I have an updated ECU, the stalling issue I had has changed. It use to just stall/cut without warning, now I have a splutter followed by stall (sometimes)...all in the 1500-2500 rpm range. Its early days yet as I have only done 30km on it. I have just done the ECU reset in the hope it may help, but the first cold start was terrible!, it use to start first time every time, but after this I had to crank it heaps before it fired up, its never done this before......I hope this is a first time thing otherwise I am losing ground fast.

You will also note I had a fault (one) and it logs the odometer reading . I cant recall this but it is good to know for the future, should something strange occur.

Attached Files:

2. kiwiape Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia DD750
    More pics

Attached Files:

3. kiwiape Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia DD750
    I have just discovered the tree on DSC_0409 is for the all the ECU's in the bike, this may explain why my dash is still showing "MAP II" on boot up. I am not sure if we updated this....looks like I will have to go back and play some more....

Attached Files:

4. kiwiape Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia DD750
    Even more... Just found some more pics

Attached Files:

PaulC likes this.
  5. PaulC F class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    2 2018 YZ 450F, 2019 CRF1000AT
    Thanks kiwiape, great shots
    Could this be the reason behind the stall... I wonder
    stall.JPG
    snail_72 likes this.
  6. kiwiape Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia DD750
    maybe, we need someone with experience here...??? It only happenend once and was stalling before and still is.
  7. AUS_TR650 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    2008 KLX250S
    If the sensor is faulty and intermittently going out of range logging a fault code, stalling would be a consequence. If under warranty, have your dealer check out the sensor & circuit.
    snail_72 likes this.
  8. nev.. Terrarist

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 XT1200ZE
    Thanks for posting the pics. They're interesting viewing.

A couple of notes. I highly doubt whether any update would make the "MAP II" disappear from the dash test panel. If they were going to do that, why wouldn't they do it in the factory on day 1 since that function was never going to be used on this model. Also. I think someone else mentioned... it's a test panel. Every element in the LCD is going to test. There is nothing to be gained by disabling this from the test pattern. I doubt they would.

The other thing I noticed was on panel "Final Report".

Integration Level (Plant). That sounds like it's describing something that was set at the factory.

A quick google finds the following on a BMW car forum..
    The collective version number of all programmed ECU's is called the I-level, or Integration level (German: I-stufe).
    The I-level is a set of numbers that looks like E89X-11-09-410. The first part represents the chassis group, which is followed by the year and month of the release and a build number for that release. So, E89X-11-09-410 would mean a E80/E90, 09/2011, version 410.
    You will often see a set of two I-levels, something like E89X-05-10-026, E89X-11-09-410. In this case the first set is called the Factory I-level, or the level with which the car left the factory, and the second the Dealer Organization I-level, or the current version programmed by the dealer.

So looking at the readings from your screen snap.

ECU level when it left the factory was 08/2012 version, and the current ECU level is 02/2013 (which was probably set when the dealer hooked your bike up to MOSS before you bought it or maybe at the first service).

If the reports from some European forum users that there is a newly released (??/2014) ECU version is true, I don't think you have it loaded on your bike.
    eca likes this.
  9. kiwiape Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia DD750
    one more to do with the fault

Attached Files:

10. Nordland Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    It is the information I got from a dealer in Berlin that this last update version is of the end of March / beginning of April 2014. This should be the update on my motorcycle.
  11. nev.. Terrarist

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 XT1200ZE

I wonder, if it is the diagnostics software version on the MOSS which he is talking about.. and not actually the software version in the ECU ?

I know when I was talking to the mechanic at my local dealership in Feb 2013, he was telling me that the initial MOSS system which they received had very few functions for the TR650 installed, and that it was often receiving updates with new functions included.
  12. Nordland Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    Believe it or not... we´ve been talking about an update for the ECU and the dashboard.

It must be a new mapping because the motorcycle travels now totally different than before :thumbsup: Much better and no stalling any more!
    Lekolite likes this.
  13. Lekolite Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Strada
    I wonder if this update is available in the US?!?
  14. hasenpfeffer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Not as of a week ago.
    Lekolite likes this.
  15. Lekolite Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Strada
    Well that kind of blows!
    hasenpfeffer likes this.
  16. Nordland Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    Today I sent an email to the german importeur to finally clarify the question of latest update version and release date.

But I have a suspicion why the latest upate has not yet arrived in the US and AUS.
  17. PaulC F class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    2 2018 YZ 450F, 2019 CRF1000AT
    Yes that's correct Nordland. I phoned my Husky mechanic today and he is working with Version 14. But he said he was advised by email that a new version is being sent out, no time frame on that. I told him about the stalling problem and he was aware of the issue. So ill try again in 2 weeks
  18. Lekolite Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Strada
    So, is the thinking that V16 will allow the mechanic to more fully adjust the tuning of the bike or that there will be an updated map and software flash for the bike with V16. I would love to hear from one of the dealers on this site.
  19. V8Astro Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Strada / 2008 SMR510
    Other Motorcycles:
    Suzuki GS500, Yamaha TR125L
    FWIW I bought my Strada a month ago from Halls Cycles in Springfield IL. The only stall I've experienced is when I was dicking with the throttle just after starting it. I'm not sure what calibration version was loaded.

I feel lucky I haven't had all these problems....

If V16 allows more adjustment I'll definatly be riding back to have a few tweaks. My "SWAG method" of tuning tells me these bikes need 10x more deltaTPS....
  20. Lekolite Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Strada
    This just in from my local dealer. MOSS V16 does have some sort of update for the TR650. My dealer is having trouble getting V16 loaded and is waiting for tech support from BMW. Once V16 is available, I will certainly go and have the ECU reflashed. Hopefully, it will make some difference. I will have to remember to pull my "ERUPTION" first.
    mag00 likes this.