urgent ???

Discussion in '610/630' started by 04asphalt, Jun 30, 2009.

1. 04asphalt Husqvarna
    AA Class

I was cleaning the air filter and changing the oil yesterday. I started the bike with the filter out just to circulate the oil and when I blipped the throttle I felt air blow out of the air box :eek:
    is this normal?
  2. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    If you have a bike that has a vent going from your valve cover to your airbox boot....yes. Crankcase pressure escapes into your air boot.
  3. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    valve overlap, at higher rpm it will no longer be evident. But make sure your valves and motor is all adjusted per spec. Plus in this case some crankcase pressure blowing out the breather tube which is in the airboot. Anyone else?
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Not a good idea to start you bike with the filer out. Runs lean and chance of sucking a chunk of something in the engine.
  5. 04asphalt Husqvarna
    AA Class

just had the valves done at Halls:thumbsup:
    still has the wire screen in but to be honest I forgot the filter was drying when I started it:banghead:
  6. 04asphalt Husqvarna
    AA Class

should this be pluged?
  7. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    The motor has to be vented, but you can run the vent to some other area, high up on the frame and be sure to put a little breather filter on the end (K&N makes one) and make sure you plug the hole in your air box boot completely. I did this mod to a KLX. It makes hot starts a little easier, because all that hot air from the motor isn't going into your carb. I'm not so worried about hot start problems on my TE since I have a magic button and a hot start knob. I would like to do this mod to my TE just so I don't dump motor oil into the air boot in a right side crash.:doh:
  8. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    no...

Yes some people re-route the oil breather tube and put a filter on it. I have not done that and I'm not sure that is a good idea for a few reasons. I have faith that the Husqvarna engineers put that tube in the correct location.
  9. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I thought it was an "emissions" thing.:thinking:
  10. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    That could be one reason. There could also be several other factors such as air pressure waves when the piston goes up/down.

I recall reading some threads on TT, and while I do not recall all the details, I decided that leaving where it was would be best for me.
  11. BadMotoWeazal Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I pulled the hose from the air box & re-routed it with a K&N breather filter on top of the air box.....Going on 4 years now, no problems. I love the engineers at HVA, but let's not forget about the engineering marvel the kickstand isn't. :D
  12. xymotic Husqvarna
    AA Class

You don't know what you're talking about dude. Flat on the ground is obviously the most stable position and exactly where Husqvarna wants the bike to be stored.
    :bonk:
  13. 04asphalt Husqvarna
    AA Class

just fixed mine by having just over an inch added to to the length :thumbsup:
  14. xymotic Husqvarna
    AA Class

That's what she said:excuseme:
  15. 04asphalt Husqvarna
    AA Class

:lol: