1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Upgrade from 630 to 701

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by pomuk, Nov 30, 2016.

1. pomuk Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    sms630 2011
    Sorry not sure where to post this predicament.
    So iv a 630 and love it but always felt underpowered as iv come from 2stroke motorcross to street motard. So looking at my options fully mod my 630 already got everything recomended other then twin arrow ecu combo as i prefer the htm racing ecu and single can setup (do not own yet)
    Question iv looked at how much im going to have to part with to get my 630 anywere near where id like it to be.
    Looking at a easy $3500nz for rest of motor mods ie race cams, ecu, collectors, mufler, hp piston ect ect.
    Then id asume round the same for lighter rims.
    Lets say easy 7g new zealand. And then not to mention aftermarket suspension $?.
    Or trade my 630 in and get a 701.
    630 standard 40-50hp
    630 modded asume 50-55hp with a awsome motard torque curve (which id be happy with)
    Or bite the bullet trade my 630 for a 701 the difrence will be round how much the mods will cost.
    701 claims 70hp out the box.
    Asuming in the future i can mod the 701 up to 80hp ish.
    So im leaning more and more to a brand new 701.
    Im after veiws and opinions i dont want another motard thats not perfect im gutted that the 630 out the box is rubbish i should have researched more then the countless hours i did before i brought the 630. So any 701 ridders out there id love to hear from you do you like your bike any issues like the 630s got if there is im probly goin to go yamaha or ktm but every man and there dog owns them and i love being difrent.
  2. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    Compelling story if you only look at the raw HP equation. I have ridden the KTM690 equivalentand did not like its general handling characteristics. It felt surprisingly small and cramped giving the impression of being over the top of the bars (suggest you have a test ride to rule in or out for your own style etc). I cant get comfortable with the new KTM/Huskies from a longevity perspective. I see too many on the trails with issues. I sense that the quality is just not there as it once was. My good mates 2016 EXC 500 is a powerhouse that is reluctant to turn in the tight, has spongy brakes and just does not come close to my Beta 480 in handling. Suspension out of the box is not good enough.
    Anyway as said, try before buying.
  3. pomuk Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    sms630 2011
    Thank you
    I love motards so been thinking about my choices. Probly going to keep the 630 for local everyday mess round type riding. And im looking at a 1290 superduke 2016 for long rides. Instead of trying to get a bike that suits all my needs get the duke for performance buzz keep the 630 for the fun factor.
  4. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Good idea an all around bike is a compromise. I suggest you look at the Ducati Multistrada and the BMW R1200R for test rides to compare with the Duke.
  5. pomuk Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    sms630 2011
    Yah i no theres better bikes out there but the 2017 ktm in my eyes is the sexiest bike iv ever seen im in new zealand and dont see any dukes about i like bein difrent i love ducati but if a was to get one be hypermotard but parts are harder to get and cost more and the bmws are good bikes there real common but iv just found out the way the lisence system works here im stuck on my bike for another 12 to 18 months so im going to fully mod it.
    Lighten crank
    High comp piston
    Titanium valves
    Race cam
    Port polish
    Htm computer
    After market 2 into 1 collector mufler
    After market wheels
    After market suspention
    Yes im aware of the cost guna be as much as the bikes worth but going to seel my old school car that sits round doing nothing to cover it. And guna look at motard racing once dun. This sms will be a weapon once dun i think its already one of the best looking motards just needs to go as good as it looks.
  6. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yep she looks the ducks guts.
  7. usedtobefast Husqvarna
    AA Class

Not sure I'd sink that much into a 630. Not sure what the future will be with that platform, whereas if you switch to the 701 you'll have parts and aftermarket stuff for a good amount of time.

I've been thinking about the 701, but big issue I have with the 701 (& 690) is they are heavy, around 320-325 lbs with empty tank. I'm spoiled with my Husaberg 650 motard at 252lbs with empty tank.
  8. pomuk Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    sms630 2011
    Bro iv got to stick wid my bike a year so long story short hate the torque band of my 630 theres bout 3000 revs wer its good i wana be able to wheelie like a proper motard yes my bikes good but not briliant im guna sink money into the motor as seems like its got the strenth to do so after talking to htm racing there saying strong motor just piss poor setup all i want is a mx feel on the road my bike already quicker then most cars i race i can already bear ktm525s i want the adrenaline my dirt bike give me once i get that i will be a happy ridder im guna get a 2017 ktm beast but my lisence wont cover it so thought bugger it work my 630 race mod the hell outa it and u neva know might not need to upgraid as i dont needcto go 300kms im happy wid 170kms but want to get there on my back wheel you no motards are for holigans i dont know who a standard 630 is ment for i mean look at me and wana be kinda type people im a motox holigan been riding for 23 years like it i feel for the looks of da 630 wen i tested it rainy day 8 hr drive to it needed new rear tire so felt like me bit of a speal sorry
  9. pomuk Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    sms630 2011
    Not to mension i want the best 630 out there im competing with u lot lol once dun will falk out for dyno tune and print outs problem wid that mnimum charge of $800 nz for a dyno so will only happy once wen bikes fully modded