Tyre pressure

Discussion in '610/630' started by ghte, May 2, 2016.

1. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    Hi Guys, I currently have front and rear Dunlop 606's on this new to me 630.
    I figure I will be riding 30% tar, 50% gravel/dirt roads and 20% semi rough trails. Considering this will represent most of my rides what do you reckon would be a reasonable all round tyre (tire for my US friends) pressure.

Cheers
  2. bushwa Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda Hawk Gt
    You might find that you need to adjust your pressure depending on terrain. I don't run those exact tires, I'm running Kenda Parker DT's as my knobby. I find somewhere around 12 psi works good for the rough stuff, and gravel, gives good traction, may want a little more if you're loaded up. I bump that up to 18 - 20 for tar.
  3. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Many thanks Bushwa. Where I live I will be doing some really nice circuits that will comprise tar, gravel roads and trails. Just looking for a happy medium without having to adjust on the fly. I think I will go with the lower tyre pressure you are using and see how that pans out as a compromise. I appreciate your help Mate. Thank you.
  4. bushwa Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda Hawk Gt
    I ran Kenda Trackmaster 2's for awhile and they melted away pretty quick on pavement at 12psi, but the Parker DT, and the D606 if what you read is true, is a stiffer tire and may hold up better at the lower pressure.
  5. Philthy Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yammy WR250f
    Firstly, have you got rimlocks on your rims ? The bike originally came with none and therefore have 22ish as the recommended pressure. With rimlocks you can go with lower pressures just your appetite for pinch flats being the main restriction.
    I run about 18 for most dirt riding, and up to 24 for tar or fully loaded for multiday rides. I've used 606's with these and had no problem, but prefer a michelin starcross 5 Hard for the front end now.
  6. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Many thanks Philthy.
  7. bushwa Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda Hawk Gt
    Good point Philthy, I don't have rim locks. I haven't had an issue at those pressures off road, but I only ran that low on pavement for long enough to get back home, or to a gas station. For the mixed riding you're looking at ghte, might want to run somewhere around 18 as Philthy suggested.
  8. Stujam Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09te610, 11te630
    About 20 if you dont want to change - i run 24 on tar and 16 in dirt with 606's
  9. motranqui Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310 2010 & TE630 2010
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ 250 F
    Hi
    I currently have front and rear Dunlop "Rally Raid" D908 RR. I have rimlocks only in front wheel (next tire chain may be I’ll put it also on the rear)
    I run about 17psi front and 21psi rear in all terrains (just as manual suggest)

So far so good.