Tyla Rattray moves to KAWI & 2015 FIM World Championship bound

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by ray_ray, Sep 1, 2014.

1. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    First he's over with KAWI (Kawasaki KRT in Europe) .... He gives his perspective on RV2 racing over there also ... This guy also gave an interesting comparison between racing in EU and the states also ... Are South Africans known to be honest, straightforward people or what? This guy and Grant Langston are the only 2 SAs (other than Mandela) I can think of now but both seem to speak ~straight from the few times I read their articles...

Combine this with an RV2 move and this has the look of the Japanese bikes, KAWI, moving into the EU home of ktm and removing them from the top step.

Good luck to Mr Rattray in EU next yr ..

--

This is a pretty interesting interview ..
    '
    http://racerxonline.com/2014/08/28/between-the-motos-tyla-rattray

(This is what you call the jet-setter life-style ...)
    You also have different nations, different tracks, different time zones, different languages, different food—that has to be gnarly!
    It’s cool, though, for the world championship, you know? You’re traveling around the world and seeing different cultures and racing different tracks. I think next year we have seven new tracks that no one has seen. It’s going to be awesome going to those tracks. Everyone is on a level status. It’s cool. Then you go back to Europe and you have a race down in France, and then you’re off to Italy and then to Spain. You have all these different cultures and different foods. Some places don’t even have English menus and you’re trying to explain to them that you want chicken. It’s pretty cool for myself. For me, seeing the world is awesome. That’s how the world championship has always been different. Next year we go down to Argentina. I’ve never been there before. We’ll go to Mexico and Brazil. I’ve never been to those places before. For me to go there and experience it is awesome.

--
    I might have to follow this series a little close next yr ... (See, its already paying off for the business guys)

[IMG]
  2. TemecuCoastie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FC250 and 2012 TC250
    Ya, never really got in the groove w/the Husky team. Injured, poor finishes and so on.
  3. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    you guys talkin about SA moto champs, dont forget this guy, Albee.
    1992 125cc MXGP Champ
    1993 and 4 250cc MXGP Champ
    1997 AMA 250cc Nat Champ (over a cast of very deep 1990s talent)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greg_Albertyn
  4. TemecuCoastie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
  5. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    This guy has been successful in the past and he was saying in one interview that he came back too early from that injury and that was a mistake ...

--

Pretty interesting wiki reading on Albee ... Where do EX champs go? Dirt bike test rider sounds like a good place to end up ... That video was pretty cool also ... He was ok will the bikes but the honda ... Said it never really arrived :)

--
    He's doing a short double here but comes down all crossed with the front tire touching first ... He's comfortable for sure .
    Albee_whip.jpg
  6. TemecuCoastie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Saw that. I kind of cringed.