TXC450 Helmet Cam Vids (finally)

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by robertaccio, Aug 6, 2008.

1. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
  2. Wetdog Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks for the post. Watching them makes me wanna ride right now.

What brand of helmet cam is it?
  3. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
  4. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    you guys know what i like about the h-cam.....its a self improvement school,,,,,,after watching/listening I will think more about gear up and smoothing out the throttle hand,,,a little too much 2 stroke blipping even after all these 4 stroke years.
    Also that day was the ride test of the bridgestone 403 404 combo,,which I never felt comfortable with in the sandy loose stuff on the TXC ( I liked them on my 06TE450),,,I was very unsettled on that day.
    Its so so hard to try and carve when the whole trail is dust obscured cloud.
    PS the guy leading is 61 years old....he is our mentor!!! (we give him the no dust respect)R
  5. mxracernumber1 Husqvarna
    A Class

made me want to go out & ride right now too! I know what you mean about the dust. It's hard to do your coolest riding when you're riding & eating a thick cloud of dust. Still a cool video, but an air filter's worst nightmare!!!
  6. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    we had our local pro (now SEN EX) lead a trail breaking ride to create that one last JAN. Its well burned in now,,just gotta keep all the crew diciplined to stay on the groove to keep it single track.
    There is alot more to it but all that editing to fit into you tube is such a time consuming pain.
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Dude, that is so trails tire land, seriously. It would rule there. Works great in silt and rocks.
  8. lairpost Husqvarna
    A Class

I rode with Robert at McCain Valley when I was arguably still a total rookie. I've got a couple more years, and several hundred hours under my belt and have adjusted and suspended my 450 to fit me and my style.

Here's several of my helmet cams videos, most recent at the top. I definitely learn by watching my rides and 'seeing'/learning from my mistakes. I also learn my local trails, ruts and rocks...knowing what's coming is an invaluable confidence and skill builder. For this alone the trouble and expense has been worth it to me, not to mention the fun in sharing with riders and non-riders alike.

Check 'em out, you'll want to ride!

http://www.pbase.com/anepoch/dr
  9. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

both of you guys are having too much fun!
  10. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    Good stuff Lairpost !!! we will get up to see you soon,,,,on a weekday afternoon, i was hoping for this week,,,but too much stuff to do,,,,,,,,we are doing our boring (never !!!) to the spot very early sun morn. some of us are camping out there (McCain Valley), I am heading up at @ 0500 for a 0600-30 on the trail ride
  11. lairpost Husqvarna
    A Class

Sent PM

Brett
  12. skid plate Husqvarna

Motosportz is right trials tires would rock there, point &
    shoot. 12lbs air and your good to go!

thanks for the vid that was fun!
  13. lairpost Husqvarna
    A Class

I've been using them off and on (many IRC tubeless, tube-type and one Dunlop) for 3 years, they do work very well, but knobs are fun too!
  14. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
  15. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

Robert...that was cool that you caught your friends little crash in the first video...very nice!
  16. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    thats our french contingent! he has improved twenty fold, his bike is really nice dare i say honda!!! MB1 suspesion and full Tokyo mods package. i think thats the little right hand crash you saw? today i did not hook up the cam but we were on serious fiber today with a fairly hardcore crew and nutty pace,, the txc is just so good and nimble,,,i rode 2 ktm as well taday an 07400exc and a 525 as well. all good,